Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi w/ o2  (Read 4481 times)

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2021, 10:56:21 PM »

Installing the new speedo into a Road King is a breeze.  Pop it from the bracket and your home free.  Obviously other Models will be different as you will be working inside the Fairing.  I do use a fairing currently, but only for the radio and speakers.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2021, 10:59:01 PM »

I think i forgot to add this photo.  This shows how the throttle cables get connected to the new throttle body.  Dont forget to adjust it.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »

These are the Fuel tank mounting screw Gaskets.    Notice the old one verses the new ones in my hand.  It's only $10 for the screw set, and better to replace them while you are in there.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2021, 12:14:57 PM »

In my situation, I ordered the 2006 year Fuel pump, as i was going to go the 2006 route ( All parts must be from 2006 when using a 06, 07, or 08 model ).  The 08 also requires handle bar wire harness to be replaced, among other things.  Since i really got held up on the 06 harness, i ended up going 2005.  Considering i already purchased the 2006 Fuel pump, I had the convert the connector to match the 05 to 06 pump. 

*Notice the connector on the top, is from the previous years. 

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2021, 12:18:54 PM »

Putting everything basic back together, routing and mounting everything in place.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »

I ran out of single connectors, so i used this for the regulator wire.  Soldered and Shrink wrapped on both ends.  it will be covered with wire loom.  This is the Red regulator wire running from the regulator to the battery area, that you wire into the new harness.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2021, 12:24:48 PM »

After finishing the build ( minus side covers and touring pack ). I had a crank no start.  Boy was that fun. Thank you @TwoLaneRider for guiding me to the fix!

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »

Turned out to be something silly on my part.  I ordered a "2006 Touring ECM" From ebay.  Turns out.. the ECM was from a VROD!..  After I ordered a new ECM and TSSM Combo ( Already Married ).  She fired right up.  :pepper: :pineapple:   

.....Well except for the  issue of mixing up the spark plug wires!   :behead2: :givemebeer: :help: 

Make sure you get those right too! oh, and make sure you order the correct ECM!   :oops:   :givemebeer:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 12:32:30 PM by jae30001 »

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »

I also want to ad.

If you have Key Fobs for security your bike has a TSSM.  And if you don't order an ECM TSSM married Combo, you will have to marry your TSSM ( Turn SIgnal Security Module ) to your new ECM.  ( your keys will stay programmed to the TSSM )

However, if you order a new ECM and TSSM Combo.. you will need to program your FOBS to the new TSSM.   

OR..

you can skip the Keyfobs.. and the security and just get a TSM module, rather than a TSSM.   :smash: :smash: :deal2:

** Photo is the TSSM

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »

Something i forgot to ad to the main post.. and unfortunately i am not able to edit the post!  You will need to figure something out for the air intake depending which one you have.  If you already have a Filter you could just order a back plate from ebay for a few bucks.  I just ordered the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air cleaner Kit. 

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2021, 12:39:17 PM »

Everything is going back together smooth!  Once i have her fully set back up, i will start the tuning process.  Although i must say she already Run, Starts, and Feels better!!    ( Yes i drove with no seat, really touched my inner... Iron Butt... )

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

Has anyone else done this project?  Anything fun to add?   Any questions? THanks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2021, 06:40:20 PM »

Jason, so glad to see you have the bike running.  That's a significant change you've made.  You can now tune her to far more engine capability than the old Marelli system could have ever reached and you don't have worry about obsolete Marelli parts.  You could have just hung a carburetor on it but, like you, I like the FI and you certainly learned a hell of a lot more about your bike.  Well done Bro!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2021, 06:43:04 PM »

Man, seeing pics of your bike is a blast from the past for me too.  I had a 2000 that was the same bike.  Had it until late 2004 when I got the red 05 SEEG.  I always really loved the looks of leather bags on the RK Classics.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »

Jason, so glad to see you have the bike running.  That's a significant change you've made.  You can now tune her to far more engine capability than the old Marelli system could have ever reached and you don't have worry about obsolete Marelli parts.  You could have just hung a carburetor on it but, like you, I like the FI and you certainly learned a hell of a lot more about your bike.  Well done Bro!

Thanks man, and ultimately thanks to your help!    Your absolutely right and it's "falling in love with the bike all over again"!  That was a massive learning curve, and extremely fun.  There's just something about Tuning your own FI system that brings clarity to the whole bike.  :orange: :drummer: :beerchug: :beerchug:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 21 queries.