Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???  (Read 7326 times)

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
Re: Price Increase
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »

BTW that increase applies to Parts/accessories/ clothing too. :soapbox:

Take Care
Rob
Rob

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Canadian price increase
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »

Jenni (Sapyta) and she is now the GM at:

Tri-County Harley-Davidson, Inc.
5960 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, OH, USA 45014
513-874-4343
513-874-0145 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/

She said she can do more for customers now than she previously could to include good pricing on bikes and any H-D and aftermarket bike related (parts/clothing/whatever) stuff that can be ordered. She said when calling to ask for her specifically, not the parts people. She asked that people calling have their part numbers and, if aftermarket, have the company's name, phone, URL, part numbers and retail price if at all possible. She also said she welcomes all repeat and new business and to pass along her information to friends who might be looking for good parts/acc prices.

Some or most of the info above came from some other site, so I am not plagiarizing, I'm Stealgiarizing!

Just in case someone wanted to know more.

She has done me good on more then one ocaision and saved me tons of $$ overall. I say congradulatiosn to her... She deserve  :2vrolijk_21:

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »

In the summer I tried to buy a street glide in Spokane. When the dealer found out I was "Canadian" he walked away, end of discussion. Said he could lose the dealership for selling to me. A few months before a buddy bought a used 1200 sporty in Montana, used is ok I guesss. But when he got back home the local dealers refused to service the bike. Looks like they have us by the short and curlies :nervous:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »

In the summer I tried to buy a street glide in Spokane. When the dealer found out I was "Canadian" he walked away, end of discussion. Said he could lose the dealership for selling to me. A few months before a buddy bought a used 1200 sporty in Montana, used is ok I guesss. But when he got back home the local dealers refused to service the bike. Looks like they have us by the short and curlies :nervous:

If ya can get one in the states, bring it in leagally and get it registered there, the money you save should be worth not having to deal with dealers. Find a good independent, STW and STD! Just laugh all the way to the bank!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »

Refused to perform warranty service?  Or refused to work on the bike at all?

Have a friend that moved to Alberta three years ago and I know got warranty service on a car they'd bought in the states before moving.  But admittedly have no clue about what the details of cross border warranty responsibilities might be.  If you're dealer just refused to perform service work and take your money, however, he's just kinda stoopid.  Not sure I'd want to be doing business with someone who does business that way to begin with.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »

They can't "refuse" to service the bike, they can however take their own sweet time getting to it. That's the official answer I got from my local dealer (a personal friend for 30+ years).
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 12:06:53 AM »

I got the same attitude from US dealers when I inquired about new bikes too.  Fortunately on my way out the door I mentioned that there was no way I would be spending 5 grand on aftermarket parts at THEIR stealership-now who got the last laugh.
BTW- I don't think the US people can purchase a new bike in Canada either.  This is one of those reciprocal laws that Canada/US have.
I hadn't heard that parts were effected in the price increase but it does make sense.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Canadian December 2008 Price Increase MSRP Pricing
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 12:25:48 AM »

Here is a copy of the December 2008 Canadian Price Increase. Price are MSRP.

Also, bear in mind their is still Dealer Prep and a further Provincial Sales Tax o f 7% - 8.5% depending on what Province you purchase and register the bike in and a further federal Sales of 5%  (GST).

So you can see an 09 SERG can cost upwards of MSRP CDN $42,999 X 1.085 Provincial Tax X 1.05 Federal Sales Tax = CDN $48,803. Add Dealer Prep and some dealers where charging $2,000 - $3,000 over MSRP, conceivable you could be over CDN $50,000 for an 09 SERG.

It wll be interesting to see what happens to CVO Sales in Canada.

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
Re: Canadian December 2008 Price Increase MSRP Pricing
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 12:42:01 AM »

Looks like it would be worth making a trip to a City south of the border :coolblue:

Canuck
Crazy Canuck

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: Canadian December 2008 Price Increase MSRP Pricing
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 02:40:59 AM »

So $30999.00 US = $38840.00 Canadian. Looks like MSRP is lower in Canada if I'm thinking correctly.
Price from Harley $37539.00 Canadian.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
      Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »

I see that Gordy has started a post about the price increase too. Geezerglide added a PDF with the new H/D prices. A 09 SERG is now $5000 more, plus more tax and misc.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »

I see that Gordy has started a post about the price increase too. Geezerglide added a PDF with the new H/D prices. A 09 SERG is now $5000 more, plus more tax and misc.

Yikes, it is a topsie turvie world.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

The New and Improved Canadian H/D prices effective 1 December 2008, this makes me sick

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30805.0;attach=94276

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »

To be honest I don't think we have seen the last of it. I think we will see another increase in the New Year
Rob
Rob

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »

The New and Improved Canadian H/D prices effective 1 December 2008, this makes me sick

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30805.0;attach=94276

bribe36,

I can not open your above link, I get a prompt "Error Occurred". Is it the same as the Harley Davidson Dec. 2008 Price List I attached?

geezerglide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.