Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: CVO Road Glide VS Road Glide Limited  (Read 7228 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: CVO Road Glide VS Road Glide Limited
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »

May not even notice to hill hold feature. I heard that you have to engage it somehow I think. Been riding forever without it....but who knows....

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Once you get the hang of it you'll like it, mainly when you stop on a slope.

Congratulations on your new bike!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »

Once you get the hang of it you'll like it, mainly when you stop on a slope.

Congratulations on your new bike!

Thanks but it's congratulations on the order for the new bike....now the wait begins.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

So while I am waiting for the new bike...I found a 2016 CVO RG Ultra with ABS for $23K with 3,000 miles on it in Grey/Black. Wondering what to do...I could add the new radio and even some motor work and still not be at the cost of the new bike. Already has the heated seat and grips as well as better factory bars than the '20. Also looks to have exhaust done already as well...…now I am confused....damn internet!

So who will talk me out of the CVO and tell me to get the '20 Limited? May be safer with a 110 with some work than a new M8??

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 05:48:35 AM »

So while I am waiting for the new bike...I found a 2016 CVO RG Ultra with ABS for $23K with 3,000 miles on it in Grey/Black. Wondering what to do...I could add the new radio and even some motor work and still not be at the cost of the new bike. Already has the heated seat and grips as well as better factory bars than the '20. Also looks to have exhaust done already as well...…now I am confused....damn internet!

So who will talk me out of the CVO and tell me to get the '20 Limited? May be safer with a 110 with some work than a new M8??
Better factor in a warranty on the 110 into the price of that......
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 06:55:54 AM »

Better factor in a warranty on the 110 into the price of that......
Need the extwnded warranty on the new one also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »

I have to say the grey/black 16 cvo RG  is most likely the best bike HD ever put out  :nixweiss: don't forget has a CB also but no apple car play. I haven't seen any thing yet that will get me to move off it.... yet
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:45:22 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 06:49:36 PM »

I have to say the grey/black 16 cvo RG  is most likely the best bike HD ever put out  :nixweiss: don't forget has a CB also but no apple car play. I haven't seen any thing yet that will get me to move off it.... yet

If I go that route I would replace the radio with the newer version....considering I saved all that $$$$

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »

If you ride them both I think you may lean towards the M8. My 18 RG is the best Harley I have ever owned let alone ridden.

FWIW
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2019, 06:24:18 AM »

Dealer has a '20 RG Limited on the floor.. I guess I'll go look at the vents.. I never close mine anyway... I'd miss them if they were gone. its too damn humid and hot this year to NOT have them...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »

Looked at the '16 and passed on it. Owner didn't take care of it and had lots of peeling chrome, etc. Waiting for the '20 to come in. Sometime in Nov or Dec.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »

I've had my 15 four years this month. Closed those vents once, to see if I could tell a difference. Been open ever since. Sidewall discussion on tires is way overated, Have you looked at cars in the last few years? Sidewall or aspect ratio has been getting shorter forever and new cars ride just fine. One poster on this listing even said taller sidewalls handle better? Wonder why vehicles that are made to 'handle" have short sidewalls?
And the hill hold feature, Our new car has it. I LOVE it, stop, take your foot off the brake and vehicle sits there until you give it gas to drive off. Great deal. The other is soon coming to bikes, smart cruise control. Our car has that as well. I entered Smokey Mountains last friday morning and turned cruise on at 45mph. I never touched the brakes or gas pedal again until we got to Gatlinsburg. At times we were running 10 mph behind slow traffic, once almost stopped as car in front suddenly turned into turnoff, but we slowed, accelerated as needed, I like technology.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »

I've had my 15 four years this month. Closed those vents once, to see if I could tell a difference. Been open ever since. Sidewall discussion on tires is way overated, Have you looked at cars in the last few years? Sidewall or aspect ratio has been getting shorter forever and new cars ride just fine. One poster on this listing even said taller sidewalls handle better? Wonder why vehicles that are made to 'handle" have short sidewalls?
And the hill hold feature, Our new car has it. I LOVE it, stop, take your foot off the brake and vehicle sits there until you give it gas to drive off. Great deal. The other is soon coming to bikes, smart cruise control. Our car has that as well. I entered Smokey Mountains last friday morning and turned cruise on at 45mph. I never touched the brakes or gas pedal again until we got to Gatlinsburg. At times we were running 10 mph behind slow traffic, once almost stopped as car in front suddenly turned into turnoff, but we slowed, accelerated as needed, I like technology.
I agree with everything you posted except about tire sidewalls. The reason low profile tires sell and are used on some new cars is STYLE. Not function. As we know, style sells. On a motorcycle you want some sidewalls for cornering. They also serve as a shock absorbers and, should you pickup a nail, margin of safety before going down to rim.

That said; to each there own.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2019, 06:11:04 AM »

The other is soon coming to bikes, smart cruise control. Our car has that as well. I entered Smokey Mountains last friday morning and turned cruise on at 45mph. I never touched the brakes or gas pedal again until we got to Gatlinsburg. At times we were running 10 mph behind slow traffic, once almost stopped as car in front suddenly turned into turnoff, but we slowed, accelerated as needed, I like technology.
Adaptive Cruise Control is AWESOME.   It's one of those options that you never thought you needed until you have it and can't imagine doing without it!   Our Dodge Charger has Adaptive Cruise and AUTOMATICALLY DIMMING HIGH BEAMS.   Fun to set the cruise and the headlamps come on by themselves and then just watch the car do all the work!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »

Adaptive Cruise Control is AWESOME.   It's one of those options that you never thought you needed until you have it and can't imagine doing without it!   Our Dodge Charger has Adaptive Cruise and AUTOMATICALLY DIMMING HIGH BEAMS.   Fun to set the cruise and the headlamps come on by themselves and then just watch the car do all the work!
Those auto dimming high beams are something I can do without and don't use them on the wife's car or my new Ram. Just seems like they're too sensitive to the reflections off of road signs and such. Her car has a button to activate, the Ram you have to leave the turn signal stalk pushed forward and activate through the radio. I'm not crazy about the extra reach to the TS stalk for as little as I drive at night.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »

I disabled the auto high beams on my truck as soon as I found out it had them. The hill holding feature on the bike may be cool.....who knows....I did do without it all these years.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.