Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My favorite Fat Bob and (at some point) looking for one  (Read 3620 times)

ultrarider123

My favorite Fat Bob and (at some point) looking for one
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »

Since this is a SE Fat Bob topic, I'm posting here.  It may actually need to go in the "wanting to buy" section.  However, I'm not ready to purchase at this time but looking for members who may have one stored (because I have NEVER seen an Opal blue on the road...they only made around 80 this color...only about 400 total of all three colors in 2010) and may want to part with it at some time.

I'm throwing this one out for general discussion:
For me, this was the bike that got away.  Knoxville HD West (now Bootlegger HD) had this Opal Blue with Hellfire flame beauty sitting on their showroom for over a year.  No takers.  I would sit on it every time I went in.  This is one, beautiful machine.  They made me one heck of a deal but at the time I was riding an 09 SG and wasn't ready for the SE move.  BIG MISTAKE!  It finally sold late into the 2011 model year and at last check it's somewhere in North Georgia...at least that's what we (me and sales manager) think.

As with all Harley pictures, this one doesn't do any justice for this color combination.  The blue is actually a bit darker than the picture and the flames are really a burnt orange.  For this Auburn fan, it was like a moth to the (hellfire) flame. 

Whoooweee, a purdy scooter dis be.....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:50:56 AM by Haird »

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: My favorite Fat Bob and (at some point) looking for one
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »

A Bud from Indiana has one, told me it was nicknamed "Vanocker" from Vanocker Canyon, Nemo, SD...

A Beautiful Bike!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

RWMRWM

Re: My favorite Fat Bob and (at some point) looking for one
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »

I brought one this year from Texas and had it shipped to me in NZ. It has 600 miles on it , new condition. The photos dont do this bike justice. The Opel blue has a fleck in it as does the black on the frame and swing arm. I had been looking for on for a few years before I found this one .Only the 09 model came here and that was $54000.00 NZ compared to $26000.00 US.  According to my research there were 27 made in this colour, 2 Cal,3 Canada, 14 Domestic,1 England, 7 India. This imfo was in the HD Forum.There is one on cycle trader now . These bike dont come up for sale very often , dont let another one slip by .

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.