Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VEMAR full face carbon  (Read 4275 times)

Macky54

VEMAR full face carbon
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:44:23 PM »

Nice helmet. Having to pay that price sucked but I figured this is my last crack at a full face.... and so far it's not that bad.  How they are able to make something so big, so light and so safe, is amazing to me.  In true Italian fashion, quality is top notch and I do mean top notch.  Almost a piece of art.  So I think I can adapt to this.  As much as the confinement is hard getting used to, I'll survive, and I do FEEL safer.   The overall weight is amazing.  This all started 4 years ago when an employee of mine took out a deer at 50mph, the bike went down and he slid over 150 ft on his face down the gravel shoulder.  He brought his full face helmet in the next day.  It was nasty.  He literally would not have a face left if he didn't have the full face on.

So, we'll see how this goes.  Between the cost of the bike, heated gear, leathers, accessories, etc, buying the Vemar carbon helmets was a small % of the overall cost.  The reduced weight is going to make my wife very happy.  She's wearing a tank right now.

FWIW, they are on "sale" @ 599.00.  Yippee right?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:54:49 PM by Macky54 »

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
Re: VEMAR full face carbon
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:20:05 AM »

I love my HJC AC-12 Carbon Helmet. People can not believe how light they are.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper/Stardust Silver
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »

Hey Macky,

I agree with UFO_HOG.  I have the SE version of the AC-12 and like it a lot http://www.hjchelmets.com/.

Ride safe,

Trapper  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic - Longhorn named "Montana"
V&H Monster Ovals
K&N High Flow Custom Assembly
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)
Rider's Claw iPod Touch Gen IV Mount
HD LED Headlamp & Aux Lamps

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:49:57 AM »

Correction to the previous reply.  I have the FXRG version to the AC-12.
V&H Monster Ovals
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »

Nice helmet. Having to pay that price sucked but I figured this is my last crack at a full face.... and so far it's not that bad.  How they are able to make something so big, so light and so safe, is amazing to me.  In true Italian fashion, quality is top notch and I do mean top notch.  Almost a piece of art.  So I think I can adapt to this.  As much as the confinement is hard getting used to, I'll survive, and I do FEEL safer.   The overall weight is amazing.  This all started 4 years ago when an employee of mine took out a deer at 50mph, the bike went down and he slid over 150 ft on his face down the gravel shoulder.  He brought his full face helmet in the next day.  It was nasty.  He literally would not have a face left if he didn't have the full face on.

So, we'll see how this goes.  Between the cost of the bike, heated gear, leathers, accessories, etc, buying the Vemar carbon helmets was a small % of the overall cost.  The reduced weight is going to make my wife very happy.  She's wearing a tank right now.

FWIW, they are on "sale" @ 599.00.  Yippee right?

I recently went with one of these for cold weather riding and been stuck on since the first day i put it on. When you crack the shield the helmet ventelates like you would not believe. I'll never go back to a half helmet or shorty. These helmets are very comfortable not to mention the protection. My wife is next in line to get one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:44:53 PM by sportygordy »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »

Nobody is mentioning the weight.  What doe they weigh?

It would be a consideration of they made them mdular (flip face). :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

Specs. state that a medium size Vemar VSRC helmet is 2.8 lbs. vs. Harley FXRG is 3 lbs.

Vemar VSRC Solid Carbon Helmet
Manufactured using a precise military grade Autoclave instead of the standard air bag molding system of its competitors the Vemar VSRC carbon helmet is manufactured to the highest possible standards. This low quantity (only two helmets a day can be built with an Autoclave) production method ensures the most consistent finish, thickness and density is achieved with the 100% carbon fiber shell material.

The VSRC features a round shell shape which offers a more generous fit ear to ear and more snug fit front to back.

The cheek pads are designed to perfectly follow the shape of the riders face and are molded from a proprietary material that has more memory then the foam used by the competitors, and consequently they are able to maintain their shape longer.

Exterior shell is aerodynamically shaped for ease of cutting through the air with less buffeting and wind noise, thus lessening the stress on the rider’s neck muscles after a long ride. Two sizes of outer shells cover the 5 helmet sizes for the ultimate in a light weight yet proportional fit. Features the exclusive “Vemar Klima” adjustable full ventilation system.

An anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick quick release clear shield is standard. An extra anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick quick release dark tinted shield is included with each helmet.

The VSRC features a double density high impact air channeled inner shell. Removable and washable ultra plush non-deformable high density expanded polyurethane inner liner. Inner liner is manufactured from a technical fiber that provides life-long treatment against odor, fungus and bacteria, and extraordinary wicking capabilities that result in enhanced rider comfort.

Padded chin strap with double D-ring closure system. Padded wind deflector and removable breath deflector in the chin piece. Chin bar features breath exhaust vents on each side that work in conjunction with the no-fog shield to ensure that the shield will not fog even in the most adverse conditions. A fine screen is in the chin vent for insect protection.

A medium VSRC helmet weighs only 1310 grams or 2.8 pounds!

High quality thick layer of UV protective clear coating over the natural carbon shell, no graphics to hide the aggressive look. Every Vemar helmet comes with a high quality helmet bag and a detailed user guide.

Five (5) year warranty from manufacturing date, which equates to the full usable life of the helmet. DOT certified.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »

Good write-up. I am in the market for 2 full/face helmets with Bluetooth, and the Vemar's are on the short list.

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »

I'm also interested in the bluetooth Vemar....where do you order them from?
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »

I'm also interested in the bluetooth Vemar....where do you order them from?

They've got as good a price on them as any others I've seen

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/search?w=vemar

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »

Hmmm. web bike world reviews are sketchy on the Vemar.  Still reading for full, flip up, light weight helmet.
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 08:29:54 AM »

I have a Vemar Carbon Eclipse on order.  Will get back to you all after I've used it for a period of time.

Trapper
V&H Monster Ovals
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »

Finally took receipt of my Vemar Carbon Eclipse full-face.  Ordered it on 5/27/09, received on 7/31/09.  I'll tell ya, it's the most comfortable full-face I've ever worn (and it should be for a high end helmet).  It has a great venting system, however, the true test will be this fall when the temps drop into the 30s and 40s.  Weighs only 3.1 lbs.  The guys in Italy really know how to build a quality product. 

http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=19&idproduct=3889#details

V&H Monster Ovals
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.