Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: FXRG Midweight Leather Jacket?  (Read 6967 times)

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: FXRG Midweight Leather Jacket?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »

I've had an FXRG leather for about 6 or 7 years and it's my year round jacket. I guess the ventilation is ok but behind a fairing isn't really a fair test. I'll get another one if this one ever wears out.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

I've had an FXRG leather for about 6 or 7 years and it's my year round jacket. I guess the ventilation is ok but behind a fairing isn't really a fair test. I'll get another one if this one ever wears out.

Thanks for the reply Screamin....I usually just wear a t-shirt, but the older I get the more I think about safety.  I want to try to be a little more responsible with 3 kids and a wife to think about.

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »

I have the FXRG Textile jacket. It is tolerable, on a hot desert summer day, with all vents open, minus the liner.

Where it really performs is in the rain. Two weeks ago, I rode through several hours of medium to heavy showers and, this jacket kept me bone-dry.

With the liner in place it is really warm. And, the light armor offers protection I can appreciate.

I know this doesn't answer your question but, it is a worthy option especially during wet weather.

Be safe; Ride often,
Charlie
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »

My wife has the Midweight jacket and gets along good. She is usaully cold so ventilation is not a huge deal for her. We have both had FXRG coats for over 5 yrs and are very happy with them, when its dry outside. We have both bought rain suits to stay dry. I would also agreed with vents open and liner out our jackets are confortable up to about 87-90 degrees F.
Wide Glide Rider
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:59:22 PM by Wide Glide Rider »

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »

I have the FXRG leather, and also the textile FXRG jacket and pants,, would not own anything else. Last year in Bristol we were in rain 7 of the 10 days out, I had my FXRG suit on and FXRG boots,,,, never once got wet, always comfortable. My buddies were not that fortunate.
I would highly recommend the entire FXRG line, even it is a little pricey, Good Luck.
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Bandit4142

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Scorcher
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 - Titanium
    • CVO3: 2009 FLSTFSE3
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

I have the FXRG Leather Jacket, and honestly I love it, but its pretty friggin' warm.   Great jacket for a rain gear / jacket combo.   
V&H Power Duals, CFR's - basically stock

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 09:54:14 PM »

Thanks for all the input....I think I will get one.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »

Can anyone comment on whether or not this jacket is comfortable on a summer day?  Is the ventilation good?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448773029&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309040960&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309040960&bmUID=1266167499930&bmLocale=en_US

Take the liner out for the summer and it's fine while you are riding.  Just like any other jacket of any sort, when you get off the bike and it's a hot day, you'll want to take the jacket off.  I've ridden comfortably with mine in 95 degree temps with the vents unzipped, but you don't want to get stuck in a traffic jam.

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper/Stardust Silver
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 01:30:22 PM »

I can most humbly agree with all the other replies.   I have the mid-weight leather jacket and pants.  Also have the FXRG boots.  Never have I been cold (with the liner) at 35º F at freeway speeds.  During the summer (without liner) it's very comfortable with all vents open.  I do agree though, that in the summer, if caught in a traffic jam, you will experience what it's like not having air moving through the vents.  IMHO, great investment!

Ride safe,

Trapper  :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:
2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic - Longhorn named "Montana"
V&H Monster Ovals
K&N High Flow Custom Assembly
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)
Rider's Claw iPod Touch Gen IV Mount
HD LED Headlamp & Aux Lamps

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

I can most humbly agree with all the other replies.   I have the mid-weight leather jacket and pants.  Also have the FXRG boots.  Never have I been cold (with the liner) at 35º F at freeway speeds.  During the summer (without liner) it's very comfortable with all vents open.  I do agree though, that in the summer, if caught in a traffic jam, you will experience what it's like not having air moving through the vents.  IMHO, great investment!

Ride safe,

Trapper  :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:
Agree 100%, Goin to Daytona from Dallas, 560 miles of rain and cold, non stop from the start almost to Pensacola! FXRG Jacket, pants and boots never let a DROP in.  Whoda thunk it.  Others with rain gear got wet, not me.  In Texas summer heat it's too heavy.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »

It looks like the MoCo is trying to up its profits from the clothing line. The FXRG jacket is a beautiful jacket but $650.00 seems like a lot of cash to me. JMO.  kb
kb

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »

It looks like the MoCo is trying to up its profits from the clothing line. The FXRG jacket is a beautiful jacket but $650.00 seems like a lot of cash to me. JMO.  kb

Oy vey...didga madda teach you nuttin...never buy retail...get it 20% off...a lot less painful.

For a jacket that you should never have to replace and really holds up to all weather, it's not so bad.  I walked into an Indian dealer last summer and they have some beautiful jackets.  The first one that I picked up to try on was awesome looking and had a price tag of $975, but then that one probably would have been ruined after one ride in the rain.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 07:17:35 AM »

Little late replying, but what the heck.  My FXRG is the travel jacket of choice.  Also own the FXRG pants.  I've ridden for days in the rain and been bone dry. Little sun comes out, open a zipper and whammo-jammo, it's comfortable.  It's worth the dough.  For cold days, I wear a Gerbring liner.  Once summer hits, unless it's a long trip where I want to be prepared for anything, I switch to a light-weight leather or textile jacket.  You don't want gear problems on the road.  The FXRG coat and pants are first rate.

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

I have the "Original" midweight jacket.  The new one is probably nicer, but I've had if for years, and it is prefect.  What's everyone's take on the PERFORATED version that they have?  will it be much cooler for the summer? Do you give up the waterproof capability?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.