Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Helmet  (Read 16917 times)

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
Re: Schuberth C3 Helmet
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »

I am in total agreement with your input and feedback!  these are the best of the best helmets!  My wife's C3W came in this week.  Going to pick it up Saturday(tomorrow) for her!  I will also say that having the Scardo collar is really great asset for communication between us and the bluetooth set is wonderful for communicating with my bike!  i.e. gps, xm, nav traffic, radio, cell phone, ipod, mp3, dvd.[/u] I can listen to an receive everything clearly.   And the sunshield is wonderful over me glasses!  no more squinting or waiting for transitional lenses to respond to sun changes.   I am totally sold on this Helmet not only for the options and features but the safety aspect also!

Ride safe and enjoy the views!

Hi, What are you using in your bike to communicate with your helment? Are you going through the HK radio with a blue tooth? And if you are, which and do they have a harness for easy set up? I am looking at the same helment but not sure how to connected to the bike. I was lookin at the J&M blue tooth and products but do not know if it would connect to scale or the helment system. I appreciate you help, I know the new BMW 6 will work perfect with the helment but decided to go SEHD instead and would like to have BT instead of wire.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »

GMAN; I do not have the HK unit in my SERG.  I have a Pioneer Avic N5 system in my Bike.   It has all functions as mentioned in my post.  I purchased the BT unit that goes with it and this is  why I can connect to my helmet.  I also have the Droid X phone which I pair up also. 

I believe that since the HK has adaptabilty to ipod that it will also adapt to an iphone which then You can pair into your system thru it.  Do a search on the forum here for iphone and u might get some good feedback.   Sorry not much help!  Like I said I removed my. HK. system it was one of the first things to go when I opened the fairing.

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48:57 AM »

GMAN; I do not have the HK unit in my SERG.  I have a Pioneer Avic N5 system in my Bike.   It has all functions as mentioned in my post.  I purchased the BT unit that goes with it and this is  why I can connect to my helmet.  I also have the Droid X phone which I pair up also. 

I believe that since the HK has adaptabilty to ipod that it will also adapt to an iphone which then You can pair into your system thru it.  Do a search on the forum here for iphone and u might get some good feedback.   Sorry not much help!  Like I said I removed my. HK. system it was one of the first things to go when I opened the fairing.

Thank you for your answer, I was hoping for a simpler solution but not such thing :-\ I guess next is wait for J&M to come with a harness for our system and hopefully can be adapted to the sch helment. Sounds like a nice system you have in your bike.  I like the stereo that is on the bike with plenty of sources just wish they though about BT but that is HD for you always late with tech  :(

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 06:41:28 AM »

Ok I bougth the SRC collar system. Waiting to arrive. I did not want to use my scala rider G4 hanging out my Schuberth. Full report to follow. :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21:

Eagle13

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »

Where did you purchase the helmet and collar?  I'm interested in this as well but there is not a dealer anywhere near Montgomery, AL

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »

Try your local BMW shop for starters, then try your honda shops.  Go on line and look up revzilla.com has a hassle free exchange/return policy for item this expensive, FOR 30 Days.  I wear a large in all helmets so the large in the Schubreth fit just fine.  

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »

Where did you purchase the helmet and collar?  I'm interested in this as well but there is not a dealer anywhere near Montgomery, AL
I bought them from revzilla.com . Awesome site, worry free return and exchange policy. They have videos for pretty much every item they sell. Very informative.  :2vrolijk_21:

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »

I watched a few of those videos, very informative, and actually well made. I did however notice that when he was doing the 'live' install of the collar the they edited a chunk out.

Either way I am convinced that the C3 is the way to go my wife needs to try them again.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »

Your wife will not be disappointed!  i just picked up the C3W which is for women.  it has a different liner inside a tan colored micro antibacterial liner that is specific for makeup and also has a more comfortable shape for womans facial features.  My wife wore mine and was looking forward to getting hers.  They just released the womans helmet at the end of February.  She will not be disappointed.  

As for the statement above I am in no way affiliated or associated with Schubreth Company.  I am only giving my opinion from being a customer and the wearing of the product.  

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »

Well, I got the SRC. This is my impression.
1- installation : straight forward.
Fitting: I felt it a little tighter than with the other collar, particularly to put the helmet on understandable since the SRC is more rigid.
Function: easy to use and synchronize the BT phone . If you had a scale rider is even easier.
Use: little hard with thick gloves.
Overall I think is a very good upgrade fort the C3. However it turns the $700 into an $1100 investment.
Cosmetic wise as my cvo brother duranh says, you have just removed the wart from the side of the helmet!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:13:09 PM by darth davidson »

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »

That $1100 is the only thing holding me back, when you consider the BSR makes it $2200.00. I am still considering it though but since I just left Jim's shop (hd-dude) it will have to wait. Many parts on order or already arrived! I will be dropping the bike off in a couple of weeks for some comfort changes.

DOOFUS

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

Yup regarding REVZILLA.  I just ordered a C3 since the FINALLY made a 3XL !!!  That REVZILLA site is nice.  DOOFUS

Well revzilla.com has a hassle free exchange/return policy for item this expensive, FOR 30 Days!!!!!! So I get to use if I do not like or does not fit C YA!!!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »

Yup regarding REVZILLA.  I just ordered a C3 since the FINALLY made a 3XL !!!  That REVZILLA site is nice.  DOOFUS

How well does the 3XL fit you? I have a Z1R and Shoei in 3XL. Wondering if the Schubert 3XL is comparable.

Simon

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »

Ok, wife and I going to Long Beach tomorrow and will probably come home with 2 C3's w/SRC collar.  Currently have a Shoei Multi tec, which has been a great helmet, but is now going on 5 years old.  Use the Camos bluetooth with the Shoei, and although it works great, it will be nice to get rid of the "wart" on the side.  I am exactly between a medium and a large.  Since I will have the boom mic also, I'm thinking the large will be a more comfortable fit for the long hauls.  Also, a doo rag makes the medium a little too tight.  Probably go silver for the silver SERG.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »

Purchased the C3 today.  C3W for bsr
 had to be ordered and will be in within 10 days.  Also purchased the SRC collar for each helmet.  As stated above, a very easy install thanks to revzilla video.  I did find that to make room for the mic, I had to remove the small velcro leather chin cover.  Revzilla video recommended it and also the Schuberth  SRC manual also said to remove the chin cover.  Shouldn't be an issue at all and if I had to, I could put it back, just makes the helmet a little tighter fit.  Another recommendation I had read was to take off the cover to the boom mic, which frees up some space in the mouth area.

Any recommendations or thoughts for those of you that are using the SRC?  Also, very impressed with the knowledge and helpful attitude from my one call to the contact center which is right up the road in So Cal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.691 seconds with 21 queries.