Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: the Ultimate Windshield.  (Read 47303 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: the Ultimate Windshield.
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »

John, that is a shame.  Sorry to hear about this misfortune.  Sounds like you know your way around these bikes as you are courageous to tear into it this far.  May not be as difficult to remedy as it seems right now.  The windshield testdrive will happen when it is time.   Let us know the progress goes on this issue.  Pork.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 07:00:14 AM »

I have received all the parts except one of the deflector pieces and should have that one shortly. I'll get the ride report up as soon as I get that last piece.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:11 AM »

Mr. Warlock, are you saying you have received the actual windshield and HD bracket for the gps themselves?

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:51 AM »

Mr. Warlock, are you saying you have received the actual windshield and HD bracket for the gps themselves?

I got all the parts yesterday and installed.  Unfortunately I can't ride to test it yet.  Windshield is just a little wider than the Jurock that I took off.  I really wanted to see if that rectangular hole made a big difference.  Maybe Mr. Warlock can give us a report. Thanks for the concerns.  I'll get her fixed before too long.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »

Yes, I have the windshield but missing one deflector piece. I do not have any of the GPS mounting hardware yet as I only just ordered that stuff the other day. Report will be as soon as I receive that last piece.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »

Wow, that is good news/  I can hardly wait to hear as I am secretly desiring to just buy a windshield, etc. and stay with the '11.  Part of me wants to move up a year and get the shield, gps/mp3 player combo and part of me wants to just buy the shield/bracket and tell these dealers to go pound sand.  they want to soak you the first year and then the next day tell you your new bike is now worth $10,000 less than they charged you the day before.  Maybe when they get hungry enough, they might have to eat that new '12 for lunch because it sat in their showroom for a year.  Live by the sword, etc......... I have heard a few rumors floating around that they may make some major changes to the '13s as it is the 110th anniversary for Harley, there is very little difference between the now-standard 103 and the SE 110 and other things like that.  I might just wait and take a beating for a '13 that wouldn't be much more than the beating they want to give for a '12.  So, I'm taking this decisision slowly.............just don't want to buy a windshield for my '11 and then tuirn around and buy a '12 just to be disappointed when they do something phenomenal for '13.  Know what I mean, jelly bean???   Pork.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

Been following this thread all along and since the parts are now coming in I decided to call Rebecca as mentioned in one of the previous posts and placed my order today.  The only thing I didn't order yet was the Zumo 660 GPS and it's cradle and hardware.  I really like the Convertible but could do without some of the wind buffeting as compared to my 2003 Fat Boy with a king size windshield.  If anybody wires in the 660 let me know if it is "plug n play" or if you have to splice in somewhere.  I know on the Fat Boy I spliced into an ignition operated wire, I think it was a turn signal light, in the harness and powered it that way.  I did see that there is an accessory connector on the 2011 which is under the seat that it might just plug into.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »

Been following this thread all along and since the parts are now coming in I decided to call Rebecca as mentioned in one of the previous posts and placed my order today.  The only thing I didn't order yet was the Zumo 660 GPS and it's cradle and hardware.  I really like the Convertible but could do without some of the wind buffeting as compared to my 2003 Fat Boy with a king size windshield.  If anybody wires in the 660 let me know if it is "plug n play" or if you have to splice in somewhere.  I know on the Fat Boy I spliced into an ignition operated wire, I think it was a turn signal light, in the harness and powered it that way.  I did see that there is an accessory connector on the 2011 which is under the seat that it might just plug into.

When I ordered the 660 kit, I got the harness and cradle assembly.  I just bolted that to the windshield mount,  It gets wired into accessory line,
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »

When I ordered the 660 kit, I got the harness and cradle assembly.  I just bolted that to the windshield mount,  It gets wired into accessory line,

Thanks, I will amend my order to include the 660 accessory kit.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »

so, now it's been almost 3 weeks since the last report about these new windshields with no actual road reports.  I am still torn between getting a new windshield or getting an '11.  Does anybody have a solid $dollar figure on what it costs to get the new windshield, deflectors, and bracket for the gps?   $1000 total cover it? 

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »

I ordered them from Rebecca a little over a week ago and the total was under $700.  This included the cradle and wiring harness for the GPS but not the Zumo 660 itself.  I don't expect to get them for a while so a road test may not happen till the spring.

xpanther

« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »

as soon as someone get his windshield and GPS mounted could you explain how you routed the wires and where you cut into the power and ground. I have ordered all of the parts and have received all but the windshield and one of the lower pieces. i have decided to cut into the wire to the Amp for power and have only one connection to remove when removing the windshield.  I still haven't decided how to route the cradle through the windshield. any help would be appreciated.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2011, 06:44:03 AM »

Still waiting for the one missing lower deflector piece :nixweiss: Some have received this piece but are waiting for other pieces, it makes no sense at all.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »

I just ordered the GPS mount for the wife's 2010. It's going on the Fat Boy Shield because she wants to keep it as well as her Fat Boy Headlight.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:55 PM »

I placed my order for the 2012 Winshield and associated parts, including the Zumo 660 and guess what?  Three pieces on back order.  1. The Windshield  2. Left Deflector  3. Right Deflector.
What a surprise  :o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.