Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: thanks for everyones help when I went down  (Read 3017 times)

MISINCT

• FLHRSEI.ORG
thanks for everyones help when I went down
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:18 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone envolved when I had my accident when we were going to Highlands. In all my days some of the best people I have ever met in my life have riden 2 wheels [smiley=banana.gif] . This group was as special as anyone I have ever met, twolane if you arent a nurse or doctor well then you missed your call, because you came in and took over and calmed me down when I started to go into shock. ;) Before I went to Maggie Valley I had never met or chatted with any of you before. I just hope if there is to be another event I will be able to go again, if I have my bike back by then it is said it may take 7 or 8 weeks do to the paint job and color :(. I dont mean to sound like a broken record but GOSH what a wonderful group not just to me but I witnessed several wonderful acts of kindess. Well enough of this but I am doing better except my left arm and my left shoulder my doctor say I need theapry so I start Friday. I hope if anyone gathers in Florida in the spring that you will let us know would love a chance to get to know you better. I hope and pray that you will all ride safe and keep me in your prayers and once again thanks to you all who helped from helping on the highway and from driving my buddy George back from the hospital safley thanks Mike (Bubba).  And a very BIG thank you to J.R. for the prayers for everyone, never can have to many prayers.  Thanks againg and God Bless you all, I just hope we will all get together again in the near future, Cindy Lyle [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: thanks for everyones help when I went down
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »

I think she just set the standard for "Best First Post Ever!"

Have thought about you more than a few times.  Was so glad to see you back at the hotel later in the rally to chat and catch up a bit (and your helmet wouldn't ever have fit my head).  You were in such good spirits there at the hospital after everything got calmed down that we knew we had a trooper on our hands though.

Really glad you popped in to say hi.  Do the PT and get the wing back in shape.  By the time it's ready that big yellow bike probably will be too.

Thanks for checking in,
Don

harleydiva

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:53:11 PM »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 12:02:37 AM »

Cindy...I didn't get to meet you at MV, but heard about the series of events, and like so many others that you probably never had the chance to meet, was greatly concerned about both you and your bike.  You will not find a finer group of people than you will find here, in my opinion....always willing to help a member of the "family", no matter the problem or issue.  You had a great guy helping you in Don, and all the others who pitched in to help out in the situation.  You concentrate on getting well, getting that pretty yellow scooter back good as new, and I'm sure you'll see some of this group again.  

Great first post, but don't let it be your last!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:05:46 AM »

Cindy,

So glad you are OK.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:08:30 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »

I think she just set the standard for "Best First Post Ever!"

Thanks for checking in,
Don

Amen to that Don!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Cindy, I was truly Blessed to see you back at the hotel and hang out with everyone. I enjoyed talking and praying with you, Luvoise, and George! You have much to be thankful for. One being to have Don right there. I'm not sure if there is anything that guy can't do! And of course thank God he was with you during your fall limiting your injuries and sparing your life! I hope he has answered our prayer, healing your body and Spirit as you have been thru much! Bless you girl. and God's sweet love to you!

John [smiley=banana.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »

Cindy,

While we have never met during your time in Maggie Valley, I have heard your story several times.

I am glad you are doing well and wish you all the best.

Jock

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.