Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Me-Praise The Lord I am ok!  (Read 6361 times)

FLHTCUSE7

Re: Me-Praise The Lord I am ok!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »

Glad that you are okay. An incident like this makes all of us think and riding a MC is a few times more dangerous than riding in a car. (If I recall correctly 5-7 times)

You can mitigate a lot of the risk with proper training and equipment.  (Seems like you did)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »

Glad you're ok!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »

Hate to hear of this, glad your not seriously injured. Take your time and then decide if you want to ride again whatever choice you make it will be the right one.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 06:54:50 PM »

Bob

We just got in from Maggie Valley and saw this.
So, so glad you are somewhat OK.
Give it some time, knowing you the right decisions will be made to make the best of a bad situation.
Keep us informed on your progress, how the bike settlement works out and what happens to the DS (dumb chit) that hit you.
What was he thinking (and that answer is he wasn't thinking) to pass on a dbl yellow line in a curve?
To rotate the bikes we took the 03 Classic to the Valley this weekend and saw our share of dummies on the road there and back.
Riding is a challenge, I hope we all survive it.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »

Bob,

Glad to read that you are well given the circumstances.  I will place you in my thoughts and ask for His assistance in your recovery.

All the Best

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »

Bob so glad that you are ok!  But keeping it from the Mrs's you may not be alright after she see your OK. Just saying. Glad GOD had his angles looking out for you and good luck with Ilene.  :nervous:
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 09:41:01 PM »

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers.  Sure means alot.

Many thanks to OhioDave for all of his help and guidance at this time.  He was there almost when the squad arrived.  Don't know how he and 2 others got a 900 # mangled bike on a trailer with the front wheel not turning.

If you saw the bike and looked at me you would see how blessed I was/am.

I had $24,000 damages figured on the bike and the adjuster quit at $22,000..  The radio sticks 2" out of the inner fairing and the oil pressure gauge is gone.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »

Bob.   You are here,,that's all that matters.  The bike is just a machine. Stuart.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 10:06:27 PM »

Bob I praise God for you to be able to walk away! You definitely had His angels around you buddy! I pray for healing on your right foot and abrasions. So glad you are OK! Love ya man, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »

Amen - glad you are OK.  My prayers for a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »

Bob, glad that you're here to tell us the story.  I've said a prayer for a quick and speedy recovery.

You might find yourself in the near future reevaluating a lot of things in life and I think that's normal.  At least it was for me after I got all busted up.  I went through a period where I didn't think I wanted to ride anymore but in short order I'd be on my boat cruising down the delta and see the guys on their bikes up on the levys on either side of the channel.  Boating is a lot of fun but it just doesn't replace riding. 

Eventually, I had to get back on and ride again.  I put many, many miles on over the next eight years or so until my back became a constant problem.  My point if that what ever you decide today....this week....this month.....may change as time goes along.  I think some of this may be normal too.  Take your time, focus and healing and just spending time with you family, friends and other things that are important to you.  God will make it clear to you if you should ride again, in His time.

Again, just really glad that you're hear to share the story!  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »

Bob happy you can tell the story. I'm going to pray for some guidance for you. I know a lot of us say we will never stop riding or you know the old well when you fall off the horse best thing you can do is get right back on. I'm just really looking from a word from God. Since I belong to him as I hope you do I really want to hear what He is trying to tell me. Maybe its time or maybe not. But I am sure that He knows. I pray you will heal and the answer you seek will give you peace.

BigLew

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »

Bob, very happy to read you are OK. Been there done that, thinking/feeling the same things you are. My insurance settlement for the motorcycle had the least amount of problems. (Progressive)
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »

Today State Farm called and offered $16,400 for the totalled bike.  Of course I was as mad as a hornet.  I finally calmed down and asked them what bike they had figured and he said an Ultra Classic.  So told them the model I had and they said they would have to get back to me.  I would have thought the vin# would have told them the model.  Probably an honest mistake but who knows anymore.  At least the foot is feeling better and my wife and daughter are back home.  Thanks for everyones input.  It is much appreciated and comforting.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »

Today State Farm called and offered $16,400 for the totalled bike.  Of course I was as mad as a hornet.  I finally calmed down and asked them what bike they had figured and he said an Ultra Classic.  So told them the model I had and they said they would have to get back to me.  I would have thought the vin# would have told them the model.  Probably an honest mistake but who knows anymore.  At least the foot is feeling better and my wife and daughter are back home.  Thanks for everyones input.  It is much appreciated and comforting.

It was a lazy half ass job by your adjuster.  Your VIN does properly identify your bike as a SE.  I'd be mad as a hornet also.  You can darn well bet they know what bike you have when they send you your insurance premium.  Do you have a local agent you are working with or just a State Farm adjuster?  If you have a local agent, I'd get him involved and put pressure on him to make this seamless and without mistakes.

Glad you're feeling better! 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 22 queries.