Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zep 40 on your Bike?  (Read 1638 times)

Anthem Rider

• Once you get on a Harley, you'll never get off it
Zep 40 on your Bike?
« on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:03 AM »

I did a search to see if this was discussed before, but could not find anything. So forgive me if it was...I atleast made an effort to see.  ;D

Has anyone used ZEP 40 to clean your bikes? My local dealer uses it to clean the bikes on their showroom floor and they told me that it works great. One of the sales guys even demonstrated on one of the bikes. Goes on with Foam and wipes off with no streaks. Takes aways the dirt too. He wen tout to my bike and took some grime off the Fender.

Per the data I can find, ZEP 40 is for glass and all non-conductive surfaces. It says it contains powerful solvents, wetting agents, and ammonia. Not sure if that will be bad for the paint.

Thanks.
2008 CVO Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Zep 40 on your Bike?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »

I've used Zep 40 for years on my windshields and chrome but never on my paint.  Really don't know if it would affect the clearcoat any as the main propellant in Zep 40 is butane.  Good product and I will continue using it.
Jesus is Lord

Anthem Rider

• Once you get on a Harley, you'll never get off it
Re: Zep 40 on your Bike?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

I've used Zep 40 for years on my windshields and chrome but never on my paint.  Really don't know if it would affect the clearcoat any as the main propellant in Zep 40 is butane.  Good product and I will continue using it.
That was my concern and why I was curious. I thought it surprising that the local dealer was using it.

Thanks for your input.
2008 CVO Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.