Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dyno for the RedEagle - Steve George please take a look  (Read 2323 times)

lonewolf55

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Dyno for the RedEagle - Steve George please take a look
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:07 PM »

Engine oil needs to be above 200 deg. 220-240 is best. Your chart shows Run#3. Three runs is not nearly enough to get things at normal operating temps to see the big numbers that everyone hopes for.
Steve George
Fullsac Performance

JMHO but doing full pulls is not the way to warm up a bike. Lock the brake at 2500 rpm, enough throttle in high gear to load the brake 25% until up to temp is much easier on the bike than just making full pulls. Then 3-5 pulls should take it to thermal loss. As for the OP I think your numbers look close to where they should be. With an SAE of 1.22 you must be close to 5000' so you are probably not running in the 100 kpa area's of your map.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »

JMHO but doing full pulls is not the way to warm up a bike. Lock the brake at 2500 rpm, enough throttle in high gear to load the brake 25% until up to temp is much easier on the bike than just making full pulls. Then 3-5 pulls should take it to thermal loss. As for the OP I think your numbers look close to where they should be. With an SAE of 1.22 you must be close to 5000' so you are probably not running in the 100 kpa area's of your map.

I agree. For me, the full pulls happen after the VTune sessions are over. Even then, they seem to peak after 6-7 runs.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »

Does it run smooth, pull hard, start easy, get decent milage? If its not doing what a Touring bike should, please call me. If your Quarter mile times are a little off, we can talk about that too!

Yes, YES, Yes, 43mpg on mountain touring I think that is good!
I have no problems with the performance.  In Fact I love the way it runs and sounds since I did the FullSac conversion!
I figured since I got it dynoed I might as well have someone look at it that knows what they are looking at.
Thank You Steve and Lone Wolf
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »

Does it run smooth, pull hard, start easy, get decent milage? If its not doing what a Touring bike should, please call me. If your Quarter mile times are a little off, we can talk about that too!

Yes, YES, Yes, 43mpg on mountain touring I think that is good!
I have no problems with the performance.  In Fact I love the way it runs and sounds since I did the FullSac conversion!I figured since I got it dynoed I might as well have someone look at it that knows what they are looking at.
Thank You Steve and Lone Wolf

That's what's most important.....that you're happy with the way it runs! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.