Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Soon to be new owner... Of a still brand new 2013 FLHRSE5!  (Read 10170 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Soon to be new owner... Of a still brand new 2013 FLHRSE5!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Those look great.

It is good to see another shipmate. I am a retired ICC. Engineering type. Did 23 years and retired in 2000. Last sea tour was running E-Div on a Gator. Always was a wrench-turner, and still in the field after the Navy. Got into Fiber Optics, and that's what I do now.

How about letting me in on the guy who did those?
I only did 20 years, retired Sept 2001.  My last sea tour was DD-987, USS O'Bannon.  Was E-Div Chief and Div Officer, then almost a year as Engineering Dept LCPO.  Retired from Fleet Technical Support Center Atlantic.

I have some training in Fiber, mainly in troubleshooting and repairing Ship board fiber, I am the Chief Electronics Tech on a Drill Ship.

Custom Engraving LTD is who does the engraving work.
http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/index.html

The will be making a Lucky 13 timer for my SERK
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »

Hello all!  Just wanted to say hi and thanks.  This forum has helped me make some decisions.  I actually found the bike I wanted - a 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary edition - STILL unsold at a dealer in California.  Deposit has been made and I'll fly out in a couple weeks to finish the paperwork!  I fell in love with this bike when I first saw one in 2013 but was a new rider and was only in the market for a used "starter" bike at the time. Now that I'm in the market for a new ride - and likely a CVO - I was shocked when I came across a brand new 2013 CVO still unsold!  I was thinking about the 2015 CVO SG, but just couldn't commit to a fairing full time - though that Ultraviolet Blue and Orange paint job nearly had me spend the money anyway!

In any case, I am extremely excited to join the CVO fraternity.  I know my journey (and spending) is just beginning.  Speaking of spending... Planned upgrades already include a Tour Pak and Dragonfly fairing (I said I couldn't commit to one full time, but I definitely appreciate the benefits in some of my longer trips!).  I'll keep reading the forums and looking for other bright ideas to make my knew whip what I want it to be.

Photos to come... Though now two years later, I'm sure you've all seen them before!   :)
I feel the same way about the 2014. I drooled over these things for a year before buying one. The perfect bike for me. I was resigned to getting a Street Glide when I got mine late in the year and got a great deal (the only way I would be able to afford a CVO). I can only imagine the deal you got on a '13. I feel the bike is perfect right from the factory with one exception. The exhaust. That is the only thing I changed, and I got a good dyno tune. I love that I got a CVO for about the same money as a Street Glide Special, and I know I would be putting money into that bike for cosmetic stuff all the time. I also had a Heritage that I never put the windshield on, so I was very unsure about getting something with a fairing. Welcome to the Road King Nation.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »

I only did 20 years, retired Sept 2001.  My last sea tour was DD-987, USS O'Bannon.  Was E-Div Chief and Div Officer, then almost a year as Engineering Dept LCPO.  Retired from Fleet Technical Support Center Atlantic.

I have some training in Fiber, mainly in troubleshooting and repairing Ship board fiber, I am the Chief Electronics Tech on a Drill Ship.

Custom Engraving LTD is who does the engraving work.
http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/index.html

The will be making a Lucky 13 timer for my SERK

I'm going to have to order one of those covers... AMCS-still on active duty-21 more months till retirement!
Chris

2021 FLHXSE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.