Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: My Crimson Breakout now she's broken!  (Read 78809 times)

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
Re: My Crimson Breakout now with Daymaker LED Headlight...
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »

any idea as to whats involved to fit the Vrod indicators

regards
Rod

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2013, 04:02:59 AM »

No I dont think so Speedy. Our mirrors are on a spline pressed into the arms. I know this because one bloody fell off!

Then there's this . . .

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4299/Lighted-Mirror-Stem-Lights
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2013, 06:50:24 AM »

any idea as to whats involved to fit the Vrod indicators

regards
Rod

Remove old mirrors and indicators. Fit new ones and wire up. Sounds simple but it never is...
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »

Then there's this . . .

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4299/Lighted-Mirror-Stem-Lights

Yep and dont suit CVO Mirror in the fine print. Also with some types it state they are only an accessory and not to be used as the main indicator. Thats way I stayed with HD and I was the parts guys that put me onto the V-rod muscle indicators.

Fits: '03-'13 H-D Original Equipment Tapered, Short-Stem Mirrors. Will not fit stock CVO model mirrors or accessory mirrors.

Cheers
Brett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
Re: My Crimson Breakout now dyno tuned...
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »

Picked up Cherry a few days ago after having her dyno'd.  Now this is how they should come from the MoCo!

I asked for a stock dyno run to be done before the engine mods but this never happened.  So the before and after number are with the following mods.  SE pistons 10.5:1, 0.030 gaskets to get comp to 10.8:1, SE263 Cams, SE Pushrods, SERT & V&H Bigshots. Nothing over the top as I need some reliability as I ride 15000kms or more a year.

Blue is the best data logged tune from when the motor was first built. 106hp & 109ft-lbs.

Red is the dyno tune. 110hp & 116ft-lbs. The peak numbers aren't that far apart but look at that torque curve from 3500rpm to 5000rpm.  That's what I love about dyno's, the fine tuning.

The bike rides fantastic, smooth and pulls hard all the way to redline!  :pepper: 

Not looking to get into a rwhp war.  More to point out how gains by realtime fine tuning by a competent operator on a dyno is worth every cent.  8)
Cheers
Brett

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »

Looks great Brett, I bet it runs a lot cleaner to

how did you go with the V-Rod Muscle indicators

regards
Rod

Mutant

• NH

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout (Red)
    • CVO2: 2022 RG Limited (Hightail Yelow)
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »

Congrats Brett on the CVO. I just picked mine up Saturday - same paint scheme. Really appreciate your Posts, I'll be thinking through future customizing, this sure helps. I really like the V-Rod directionals - thanks for the heads up. I know you are having fun, I sure am.
Life is short - Create Adventure

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

how did you go with the V-Rod Muscle indicators

Well, that turned out to be a wild goose chase.  Can only get them in brushed alloy and not Chrome as I was told. So went back to the original HD LED Mirrors. Will post some pics later today.
Cheers
Brett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »

Really appreciate your Posts

Thanks mate.  8)
Cheers
Brett

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »

Well, that turned out to be a wild goose chase.  Can only get them in brushed alloy and not Chrome as I was told. So went back to the original HD LED Mirrors. Will post some pics later today.

that's a shame as the Muscle indicators looked good

I wonder if we could remove the LED's from them & have the stems chromed  :bananarock:

regards
Rod

Mandrew13

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »

Well "Cherry" has been dropped off at the dealers ready for her Dyno tune, then service and some more goodies.  Having the all the chrome cap kit done to cover the crapy bolts and changing the front indicators to some LED ones. But going with something a little different by using the one off the V-rod muscle.

Great idea.  That should look slick on your bike. 

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »

Picked up Cherry a few days ago after having her dyno'd.  Now this is how they should come from the MoCo!

I asked for a stock dyno run to be done before the engine mods but this never happened.  So the before and after number are with the following mods.  SE pistons 10.5:1, 0.030 gaskets to get comp to 10.8:1, SE263 Cams, SE Pushrods, SERT & V&H Bigshots. Nothing over the top as I need some reliability as I ride 15000kms or more a year.

Blue is the best data logged tune from when the motor was first built. 106hp & 109ft-lbs.

Red is the dyno tune. 110hp & 116ft-lbs. The peak numbers aren't that far apart but look at that torque curve from 3500rpm to 5000rpm.  That's what I love about dyno's, the fine tuning.

The bike rides fantastic, smooth and pulls hard all the way to redline!  :pepper: 

Not looking to get into a rwhp war.  More to point out how gains by realtime fine tuning by a competent operator on a dyno is worth every cent.  8)

Just had my breakout dyno tuned stock with Bassani 2-1 and PV tuner. torque curve is flat from 3K to 4.5K at 112TQ. while my HP is somewhat lower I would thing that the TQ number would be the most important. What I've noticed is that most built engines seem to have HP and TQ numbers very similar. my numbers are 96HP and 112TQ. I realize that Dyno numbers vary between different locations but I had a dyno run at a different shop before this tune and without tuning it ran 94 and 110. both runs before tuning were nearly identical even though done at 2 different locations. 

Is there a reason that as HP increases TQ increases and somewhat less? in comparison my bike has 14 less HP but only 4 less TQ. Just curious if anyone has an answer?

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:31 PM »

Just had my breakout dyno tuned stock with Bassani 2-1 and PV tuner. torque curve is flat from 3K to 4.5K at 112TQ. while my HP is somewhat lower I would thing that the TQ number would be the most important. What I've noticed is that most built engines seem to have HP and TQ numbers very similar. my numbers are 96HP and 112TQ. I realize that Dyno numbers vary between different locations but I had a dyno run at a different shop before this tune and without tuning it ran 94 and 110. both runs before tuning were nearly identical even though done at 2 different locations. 

Is there a reason that as HP increases TQ increases and somewhat less? in comparison my bike has 14 less HP but only 4 less TQ. Just curious if anyone has an answer?

Mate it all comes down to your cam choice. For me I want to race mine a few times a year but still have reliability. I use the SE263 which gives it power mid to high rpm but also has good part throttle ride-ability.

Cheers
Brett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »

Last weekend we attended the Benaraby All Bike Drags. We had an awesome weekend with about 160 bikes racing.

My previous PB was 12.4 @ 104mph on my Fatbob last year.  So I was looking to beat that this year on the CVO. It didn't take long as my 1st pass was a 12.1 @ 108mph!  8)  But my new PB is 11.9 @ 109mph which was my 2nd pass.  The rest of the day it was either too much wheel spin or a slipping clutch preventing me from running any quicker.  So now I'm looking into new clutch option as the standard unit just can't handle the extra ponies.

There was two other Breakouts racing...

CVO with mid cams running 12.4s

This Std Breakout won the V-Twin & Single Bracket running 13.1 all day.  The rider also races a full on drag car so his reaction times were awesome.

So hopefully once I have sorted out the slipping clutch and I get my act together we hope to see "Cherry" run a 11.7 or better.
Cheers
Brett

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
Re: My Crimson Breakout runs 11.9s 1/4 mile...
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »

impressive numbers!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.