Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: HD photo-chromatic lenses (day/night glasses)  (Read 15474 times)

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: HD photo-chromatic lenses (day/night glasses)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »

Thanks BLM! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

These are what I I've been looking for, just need to decide which frames and which lenses. I like the marine in case we get caught in rain, but I wonder how light they get and if it will be enough a night time. Thanks again bro! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 09:58:50 PM »

* Jock is glad he found this thread considering his interest in new glasses.

* Jock has also been cheap in this area considering how fast he damages them

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

JR,

I too have been using the Panoptix. [highlight] Mine are prescription and I have worn them from 6am to 1am without a problem. [/highlight]

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »

I just had a new pair of glasses made with transition lens as one of my lens popped out while I was riding home from work.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 03:55:50 AM »

JR,
Looked in the SportRX catalog and they offer lined, or unlined, bifocals as well as tints polycarbonate, polarized, etc. If it doesn't come up on the website, I can scan in the major stuff and send it to you. I believe you can go to their website and request a complete catalog with the order form, and pricing info.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 07:32:59 AM »

I just had a new pair of glasses made with transition lens as one of my lens popped out while I was riding home from work.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 07:34:24 AM »

JR,
Looked in the SportRX catalog and they offer lined, or unlined, bifocals as well as tints polycarbonate, polarized, etc. [highlight]If it doesn't come up on the website, I can scan in the major stuff and send it to you.[/highlight] I believe you can go to their website and request a complete catalog with the order form, and pricing info.

Joe

Thanks Big Joe! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] This wont be necessary. I have several Panoptx dealers nearby and I plan on trying some on. Now I just have to decide which ones to get! [smiley=nervous.gif] Thanks Again Joe and God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »

I also use panoptx with day/night lens. I got the convertibles since eye pieces (foam insert) pop out. Came in real handy at sturgis last year when went to Colorado mountains, and foam got wet and started to fog up. Just pop em out and all clear!!!
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

harleydiva

Re: Panoptyx Glasses
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 11:43:07 PM »

For REALLY good prices (60% discount), visit www.SierraTrading Post.com, click on bargain barn, then click on sunglasses.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   [smiley=banana.gif]   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Panoptyx Glasses
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 12:32:42 AM »

For REALLY good prices (60% discount), visit www.SierraTrading Post.com, click on bargain barn, then click on sunglasses.

harleydiva

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »

Thanks RJob, I didn't take the time to type in the whole link.   :-[   [smiley=oops.gif]  

I'm going to the Sunglass Hut and try them on to see if I like them and if they fit, and I will probably order them from Sierra... much cheaper.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Terry (TcnBham) thinks they'll be great for me.  I wear contacts.

Thanks again!   :)

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2006, 10:54:44 PM »

Panoptyx does limit the parameters they'll put in their frames for your prescription.  I've got a patient out there wearing a pair of WileyX's (very similar to Panoptyx- should be able to do the same with the Pan's) with 5 diopters (units) of astigmatism (Pan & Wil only will do 2 units).  It's been almost a year, and we haven't had any problems so far.  If yo're thinking of buying any of these, have a chat with your local optometrist.  They may be able to cover a wider range of prescriptions, sometimes at less money and a faster turn around.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 11:55:40 PM »

My wife and I each recently bought a pair of Panoptyx glasses.  Hers are the ones that change with the light.  I bought the darkest pair that don't change.  
  Sometimes she looks like a flying squirrel with those things on.  In my opinion they are just about like the latest prescription glasses that are light sensitive.  They are marginal.  
  My experience- get some for sunlight, others for night.  Also, I don't recommend driving most places at night.  Between animals and reduced vision, you're multiplying your chances of getting to try out your full coverage insurance.  Therefore, buy some cheap $10 clear glasses in case you need them, but get something that's dark enough for the day.  That's my 2 cents.   8-)  Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

harleydiva

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 11:23:43 AM »

SteveG, are y'all happy with your Panoptx, or do you think "regular" sunglasses are adequate if wearing a shield?

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »

I have been using Oakley sunglasses for years.  They are still my favorite for off motorcycle use or short trips.  On a recent long trip, however, my eyes were really drying out and I bought a pair of Panoptx.  I can't remember the model but they are dark ones with the removable eye cup.  I really like them.  My eyes are much more comfortable with these things.  I highly recommend them.  I believe they come in two or three different sizes to fit your face shape and you can get them with or without the removable eye cups.  Personally I'd recommend the latter because of the way they keep the air out.  (They are vented, but wind doesn't get blown in your eyes).   8-)  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.