Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Road Stripe Paint..............  (Read 6498 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Road Stripe Paint..............
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »

Uh............No!  You ARE kidding, right Don?  :nixweiss:

Yes, definitely kidding.  Once some many moons ago I overheard a caring and compassionate DI in almost whispered tones tell his bleacher full of new troops that peanut butter and Wesson oil was the "secret" to perfectly polishing their new boots.  God help them all when they fell out the next morning  ??? .

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 12:13:48 AM »

Bike is facing the garage door, so the morning sun will make it show.  I'll try to get a picture and post in the morning.  My fear is I'm not going to be able to look past this and get over it.  Fugging road crews.  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 12:28:09 AM »

Yes, definitely kidding.  Once some many moons ago I overheard a caring and compassionate DI in almost whispered tones tell his bleacher full of new troops that peanut butter and Wesson oil was the "secret" to perfectly polishing their new boots.  God help them all when they fell out the next morning  ??? .

Yeah, I'd think so...........that sounded like one of those Foxfire cure alls, like wrapping a strip od raw bacon around a bee sting.  You know, the bottom line is, these are damn beautiful bikes, and for most of us here, they spend more time on the highway than they do in the garage.  Definitely true in my case, as well as your's, Don.  Terry rides his bike everywhre.  Most of us do.  Chit happens.  They get scratched.  Someone mentioned rock chips earlier.  Sooner or later they get boogered up, no matter how careful we are.  It is the nature of the beast.............of course you know I'm trying to rationalize my way into just accepting this misfortune as a product of hard riding.  My 02 Ultra had more scratches, dings, scuffs, wear marks, pitting and all sorts of vile crap; but she was still a beautiful scooter to me.  After the way my Melon performed on my 2200 mile round trip to Kansas, I love her just the same if not more.  The mist is a road souvenier from the trip.  Great scooter, but chit IS going to happen.............and I'm certain we all have our own blemishes on our scooters about which we fret at first, then somewhere along the way, we just say fug it.  She's still beautiful and runs awesome, so I love her just the same.  Good Girl!

Speaking of Good Girls, I gotta hop on Renea's computer an see if I can find that picture of her when I duct taped her to the tattoo artist's chair when she got her lower back tattoo.  Scooterhair was rolling over that story.  Oops..........straying off topic.  Mist or not, she is is still a pretty bike.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 12:44:04 AM »

I'm beginning to think Roger's film solution would be the best preventative -- I'm gonna check his bike out in Nelson to see how it looks in person.

Mark

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 12:49:36 AM »

I'm beginning to think Roger's film solution would be the best preventative -- I'm gonna check his bike out in Nelson to see how it looks in person.

Mark

Probablt not a bad idea............sorta like a NASCAR tear away.  I've seem that tried in another venue and it didn't work so well, so use caution.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.435 seconds with 22 queries.