Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

Harley FXR3 Clicking sound

<< < (2/5) > >>

Theway:
This bike has only 8400 miles on it and Im finding allot some bolts on the engine are not so tight, some where not snug at all. Any idea why a bike with so few miles is like this?

Smoketown:

Could be a number of reasons.

Some may say poor Quality Control at the factory.

Having owned Harleys since the late '60s I say vibration. (We didn't have Loctite back then.)

Green, Blue, and Red Loctite are your friends ... The occasional use of a torque wrench helps too.

There are current videos online that also suggest an occasional massage with your wrenches to keep things tight ... One by an actual Harley mechanic.

Cheers,
Smoketown

naitram:

--- Quote from: Theway on June 04, 2020, 01:15:53 AM ---This bike has only 8400 miles on it and Im finding allot some bolts on the engine are not so tight, some where not snug at all. Any idea why a bike with so few miles is like this?

--- End quote ---

its 21 yrs old low miles or not, someone at some point did work on it.

Deerhead:
I had this same problem but I cannot remember the fix. All I know is the Harley dealer in Tennessee near the Smokies fixed it and the fix was simple. Sorry I can’t be of more help but all I can remember was they fixed it, it was an easy fix and I was happy to be in my way.
Robert

Theway:
I found the crank case bolts where loose

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version