Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

FXR4 - thinking of letting her go

(1/2) > >>

Minglewood:
Had her since new.  Just can't justify keeping two bikes any longer (other is an '04 glide).  It'll be a sad day.  Of course, I haven't set price or figured out how best to sell.  It's insane the money I've got into her (SE Cam, Mikuni, chrome controls and lines, customized seat, pipes, etc.).  Runs much better than stock, without any radical mods.  Got 12k miles.

Perfect shape.  Orange (limited to 300 in this color).

And idea what is market value and how to find the perfect buyer?  if this post should be moved to classified, feel free to do so.  Wasn't sure about protocol given the unique nature of this forum.

richfxr2:
Minglewood,
Post a pic....interested, but the east coast is a ways away to pick it up.

naitram:
have you considered trade in towards the 04 glide?

RedFXR2:
You won't have any problem finding a buyer.  Here in NC I bought my FXR2 from a shop (independent) that takes bikes on consignment.  He had mine for two days before I bought it.  Last Spring, he had another FXR2 for four days.  The local dealer had a trade-in FXR4 last summer, but not for long.  Educated buyers will know what they're looking at.  Just understand that these won't be the same folks who only want something big, black and loud.  If you have a shop there that is known for handling pristine consignments you might try that route.  As for pricing, try the Blue Book for motorcycles:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.tp?kbb&;rc&17&zrc;Motorcycles

Hope you find it a good home.  Good luck.

Minglewood:

--- Quote ---have you considered trade in towards the 04 glide?
--- End quote ---

Too late.  Took the road glide home in December.  I thought I wanted to keep both.  Now I find I'm favoring the glide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version