Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem  (Read 47183 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2013, 10:18:41 PM »

I was just wondering. Are you sure all of these bad amps the dealers are replacing are "new" and not reman. When my HK radio was replaced twice under warranty they used reman. units not new.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

MaJiK

« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »

How does one find the build date of their bike?

DeuceBG

• Reality is Just a Matter of Perception......
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

How does one find the build date of their bike?

You have to call HD Customer Services and quote your VIN Number and they should be able to find out for you.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2013, 08:29:59 AM »

I was just wondering. Are you sure all of these bad amps the dealers are replacing are "new" and not reman. When my HK radio was replaced twice under warranty they used reman. units not new.

Ish...I hope not.

Is that what the "REV A" stands for. That means if they come out with "REV B" that would mean they fixed it twice... :D

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:15 PM »

Well, I had updated tweeters replaced a couple months ago again for the second time. So thats 3 sets of tweeters and 4 amps in my bike in 14k miles, and the system just crapped out again.  It will need to be diagnosed to find out if its the amp, tweeters, speakers or?

Took it to the dealer, they followed the M1315 service bulletin, and found out the tweeters are defective again. So I will now have another set of tweeters installed for the 4th set installed on the bike.  Thats 4 sets of tweeters and 4 amps replaced in less than two years and 15,000 miles!!!

The dealer apologized and recommended that I buy aftermarket tweeters.  How about Harley supply good audio equipment instead of the junk they are installing!!  Harley can kiss my A$$!! I will keep showing up and having their techs diagnose and supply parts until they get it right.  In the meantime, they are ruining their reputation by installing crap on their bikes.  I wish I could just go once to Sturgis round trip with a working audio system. Glad I bought the extended warranty.
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2013, 01:25:19 PM »

Took it to the dealer, they followed the M1315 service bulletin, and found out the tweeters are defective again. So I will now have another set of tweeters installed for the 4th set installed on the bike.  Thats 4 sets of tweeters and 4 amps replaced in less than two years and 15,000 miles!!!

The dealer apologized and recommended that I buy aftermarket tweeters.  How about Harley supply good audio equipment instead of the junk they are installing!!  Harley can kiss my A$$!! I will keep showing up and having their techs diagnose and supply parts until they get it right.   In the meantime, they are ruining their reputation by installing crap on their bikes.  I wish I could just go once to Sturgis round trip with a working audio system. Glad I bought the extended warranty.

That's exactly how I feel too.

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »

My fairing and speakers in the lowers have been cutting out for the last couple weeks again. I have HD lid speakers and HD amps in the bags. When the front speakers all cut out, I still have plenty of sound coming from behind me. The service guy at the dealer said they needed to check it because it could be the radio and may not be the amp. I told him I would think that if if was the radio that was the problem, the rear speakers would cut out also.  He said not necessarily. I referenced this thread and told him about the numerous bad amps. They looked at it last Saturday and confirmed it was the amp. This morning I swung in and had them swap it out. On the way to the dealer the frontspeakers were out more than in. After I left I didn't make it 3 miles from the dealer and the front speakers cut out again. They definitely seem better but cut out about 7 times in the hour ride home. Is it possible the new amp is smoked too? Or could it be the radio after all?? I am sure glad I bought the ESP, but running back and forth an hour each way sucks!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2013, 04:15:25 PM »

My fairing and speakers in the lowers have been cutting out for the last couple weeks again. I have HD lid speakers and HD amps in the bags. When the front speakers all cut out, I still have plenty of sound coming from behind me. The service guy at the dealer said they needed to check it because it could be the radio and may not be the amp. I told him I would think that if if was the radio that was the problem, the rear speakers would cut out also.  He said not necessarily. I referenced this thread and told him about the numerous bad amps. They looked at it last Saturday and confirmed it was the amp. This morning I swung in and had them swap it out. On the way to the dealer the frontspeakers were out more than in. After I left I didn't make it 3 miles from the dealer and the front speakers cut out again. They definitely seem better but cut out about 7 times in the hour ride home. Is it possible the new amp is smoked too? Or could it be the radio after all?? I am sure glad I bought the ESP, but running back and forth an hour each way sucks!!

Yes. It could possibly be the head unit (radio) or the amp or a bad speaker or tweeter.

They will keep swapping them out till they get it.

3 Head units, 2 amps ,1 set of tweeters, ipod harness and ipod module later it is finally working.

Thank god for ESP is right.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

On my way to Montreal on Saturday my system stopped working......again. Ish. It was working so well lately. I will be going to the dealer this week as I need this thing working for August when I go to Sturgis.

The symptoms tell me it's the head unit....again, >:(

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »

A new head unit has been ordered. That is #4 for me.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »

A new head unit has been ordered. That is #4 for me.

New head unit went in today. Hope this one will last. :nervous:

I was told at the dealer that it was the 3rd unit replaced this week.......ish, it's only Thursday.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »

Bump for jjb.

Mr. P

« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Add mine to the list. Build date 2/5/11

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

Add mine to the list. Build date 2/5/11

Done.

aaazdaddy

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO #4: 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Sapphire/Cold Fusion
    • CA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Antique Gunstock/Autumn Haze
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »

BTW: I have an Amp if anybody needs one. Thought the amp was the problem as right side kept cutting out and purchased, but it ended up being bad boards caused by vibration (Iron Cross fixed for $250). I have the newer revised version (see picture). $135 SHIPPED. PayPal OK.

Apparently they've found that the riser bolts can touch the bottom of the head unit causing said vibration. During the 2011 model year they started putting lower-profile bolts that don't touch. At the time, I had a 2011 FLHXSE2, but have since sold and purchased a 2012 FLHXSE3.

Bob
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.