Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem  (Read 47325 times)

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
Re: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »

Lone Wolf bike delivered January 29, 2011 to Folsom, CA dealer.  The build date was not on any of the documents, and I do not have the crate sticker.  I do know my amp was the first generation, and it was replaced with the second generation amp (see my photo dissection of that amp on this site). 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:38:02 PM by TheLoneWolfPack »
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:43 PM »

Update,

Amp Replaced with new updated amp same issue.  The dealer is being told now that the amp is cutting out due to a speaker issue which causes the amp to shut down to save the speaker.   Bike goes back in this week to be looked at.    >:(

I just had the 2nd updated amp installed.  The tweeters are failing and causing the amp to fail at the med to high volumnes.  For whatever the reason, the CD player doesn't work well in any volumne setting.  The dealer is waiting for further instructions from HD. 

Harley really messed up with this set-up!!   :coolblue:
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »

My Tweeter blew after the second amp was installed, then i said screw this -- installed a JL amp with ARC speakers -- the Harley system is junk, except it is waterproof, which is the ONLY redeeming quality about it.  Once you go aftermarket, you will never consider a Harley amp/speakers again.  The Harley headunit i would keep as those have never failed me.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »

Updated master list.....thanks Thelonewolfpack and azsparky.

My bike is still at the dealer. They still do not have any answers for me. They have been communicating with the Harley techs. :nixweiss:

I told them I have all winter.....or April....which ever comes first.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »

Mano

An update on the back ordered speakers,

My new speakers came in tweeters and the right speaker with the new part numbers.   Thanks go to John in CS at the mothership he helped get them here before the holiday.  Was nice dealing with him and did what he said he would.   

Thus far 45 miles home the dealer and the sound never changed or waned no matter what volume I played the speakers at.  I did settle at about half volume, but wanted to test them louder to see if there any issues.   I also went for ride this evening in a wind breaker for dinner, and thus far I am pleased.

Another stay tuned so to speak :) 

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »

what was the symptoms you where having to get the new speakers?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »

Mano

An update on the back ordered speakers,

My new speakers came in tweeters and the right speaker with the new part numbers.   Thanks go to John in CS at the mothership he helped get them here before the holiday.  Was nice dealing with him and did what he said he would.   

Thus far 45 miles home the dealer and the sound never changed or waned no matter what volume I played the speakers at.  I did settle at about half volume, but wanted to test them louder to see if there any issues.   I also went for ride this evening in a wind breaker for dinner, and thus far I am pleased.

Another stay tuned so to speak :) 

Thats great. Hopfully this is part of or is the the problem with the 2011 CVO SG sound system. I will be taking this information with me to my dealer and hopfully helps them out in solving the issue with my ride.

Thanks for the update. :2vrolijk_21:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »

what was the symptoms you where having to get the new speakers?

Hi Trahog,

At first they believed it was the amps that were shutting down, then after the third amp they had said they had new information and the amps were in shutting down, but because of a speaker issue.   Mine kept shutting down on the right side where i would lose sound intermittently on the right side.   Tech Services for HD told the dealer what to replace and now at least for the first time in a long time nothing is shutting down even at WOV  wide open volume hehe.   I have tried the sound at full volume, down to 50 percent just to check it and let it play there for a little while.  So far so good.  fingers crossed this is the resolution to my issues anyhow.   Hope this helps and Happy Holidays.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »

mine is shutting down again for brief second on left side amp still sounds good no distortion like went out the first time They just ordered me new tweeters ,but I wonder if I need the rest of the speakers also,did you have all replaced?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

They did not replace both of the large speakers.  the side with the seemingly good large speaker was left alone, the side that was cutting out was replaced as well as the tweeters.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »

Thanks!!! I'll pass it on to dealership ,they Have been very good to me Eastern Shores ,Screw Pensacola Harley Bunch of Idiots.Told me when my amp went out nothing wrong,lol  went to Eastern Shores and Took care of the problem and now have ordered me tweeters

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

That is good news, luckily you found out that they were useless before it truly mattered.   Always nice to have a dealership that will work with you and seems to give a damn about you and your bike.

Let us know how it turns out,

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »

left speakers ordered.

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »

I just had the 2nd updated amp installed.  The tweeters are failing and causing the amp to fail at the med to high volumnes.  For whatever the reason, the CD player doesn't work well in any volumne setting.  The dealer is waiting for further instructions from HD. 

Harley really messed up with this set-up!!   :coolblue:

The tweeters were replaced with the new updated (revised) tweeters.  The stereo system is currently working properly on the ride home.  It seems the new pdated/revised amp and tweeters have resolved the problems.  I will report back after more rides and listening to the stereo.
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »

Does your CD player work right  now?Is it loud  with the CD on ,noticed you said sounded like half volume.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.