Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem  (Read 47332 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »

New head unit and ipod module going into my bike today and then the M-1315 up date will be performed. Hopfully this will be the end of it for me.

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »

Just got the bike from the dealer. They performed the SB1315 and found no problem with none of the audio components. They said there was a software update for the head unit that they found on the HD web and they installed it. Will have to test the bike again over the weekend and see.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yrya1t
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »

There is no software update,for the head unit,just a download from harley to check the speakers

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »

Mine has just gone to lunch again (1st time at about 4000 kms this time at about 13000 kms) and this time the speaker grills (covers) have faded as well, I will let you know how it all pans out after a visit to my dealer.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »

Just got the bike from the dealer. They performed the SB1315 and found no problem with none of the audio components. They said there was a software update for the head unit that they found on the HD web and they installed it. Will have to test the bike again over the weekend and see.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yrya1t

Hey Rogzy. I think what they are doing to your bike they have done to mine. I too thought there was a software update but when I asked for clarification the software update turned out to be them just re-flashing everything back to the stock software. There is no new/updated software for our bikes. I had to take my TTS Master Tune to them so they could install my FullSac MAP.

Anyway the guys are really trying to get to the bottom of this. What I am about to say has NOT been confirmed but this is what they are speculating...........They believe that there is a glitch in the factory software which is in the head unit. This is why they have re-flashed the whole system. They also believe that to do the job properly they had to replace the head unit to do it right.

I still believe that it comes down to cheap parts but we will see. I will be going by tomorrow after work to see whats going on.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »

Went by the dealership today. My bike was put back together with the new head unit and ipod module installed. The M-1315 diagnostic was NOT performed. When I asked why I was told that since the dealership is closing there doors next month that all employees where asked to wrap everything up. The mechanic really wanted to get to the bottom of this but he told me in confidence that he will be moving on to another location as he already found another job at another dealership. I then told him i will be picking up my bike ASAP....Ish. The system did not fail when tested but a positive fix has not been confirmed.

I think it is time to start looking at an after market system. Warranty or not it is getting to the point where it is just not worth it. I am going on 2 long bike trips this year...ish.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

Picked mine up Friday new head unit and 2nd amp,rode for 2 days now right side is cutting out when I hit the brakes,the new amp is half the volume of the old amp,this is what we paid for?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »

That's the one thing I noticed too. That the 2nd amp was not as loud as the original.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:02:55 PM by Mano »

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:38 PM »

Yeap I called Harley Yesterday,very un- Happy,the revised amp is de -tuned I will put money on it,Half as loud as the last 2.the cutting out is happening only with he I pod on.Also they are trying to blame the TTS for the problems.Start a thread to see who is using the TTS and who is not.that are having problems.Mine had Problems before the TTS I told them.Ok guys who has the Harley Race tuner ,TTS or stock Need a new Thread And Steve Cole can you give us some ammo to do battle ,so they can't blame the TTS,They want it at stock settings,for codes ,Hell it does not throw codes with stock setting either,bad amp won't do that,Harley trying to get off easy.Why would you run a stereo into a ecm in the first place ,Just to get codes or does the Deck do it?I would like to know,Any info experts?

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »

Yeap I called Harley Yesterday,very un- Happy,the revised amp is de -tuned I will put money on it,Half as loud as the last 2.the cutting out is happening only with he I pod on.Also they are trying to blame the TTS for the problems.Start a thread to see who is using the TTS and who is not.that are having problems.Mine had Problems before the TTS I told them.Ok guys who has the Harley Race tuner ,TTS or stock Need a new Thread And Steve Cole can you give us some ammo to do battle ,so they can't blame the TTS,They want it at stock settings,for codes ,Hell it does not throw codes with stock setting either,bad amp won't do that,Harley trying to get off easy.Why would you run a stereo into a ecm in the first place ,Just to get codes or does the Deck do it?I would like to know,Any info experts?

I call BULL chit on HD!!!  My original amp went out at 300 miles.  The second amp went out at the very beginning of my 4500 mile Sturgis ride.  I was PISSED!!  My bike was bone stock when two HD amps went out.  The only non-Harley mods on the bike was me and my personal belongings.

Basically, I had the original amp and a replacement HD amp, replaced on a bone stock bike.  That means two amps went out on my bone stock bike.  Have I said it enough????  I then had the TTS tuner/Fullsac X-pipe, and baffles installed while waiting on my back ordered HD amp.  My third amp was installed, and my tweeters were replaced.  Currently, I'm not having any problems.  The volumne seems to be ok.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I will take HD to small claims court on a lemon law action if I have any further issues.  HD will pay to replace the crappy stereo system with a quality and working system!!
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »

I call BULL chit on HD!!!  My original amp went out at 300 miles.  The second amp went out at the very beginning of my 4500 mile Sturgis ride.  I was PISSED!!  My bike was bone stock when two HD amps went out.  The only non-Harley mods on the bike was me and my personal belongings.

Basically, I had the original amp and a replacement HD amp, replaced on a bone stock bike.  That means two amps went out on my bone stock bike.  Have I said it enough????  I then had the TTS tuner/Fullsac X-pipe, and baffles installed while waiting on my back ordered HD amp.  My third amp was installed, and my tweeters were replaced.  Currently, I'm not having any problems.  The volumne seems to be ok.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I will take HD to small claims court on a lemon law action if I have any further issues.  HD will pay to replace the crappy stereo system with a quality and working system!!

Dude your ears must have been ringing today as I talked to the Sr. mechanic at the other dealership that i will be going to in the morning.....lol. Bottom line i told them how all is well with you once the tweeters where replaced.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »

Not true buddy. My bike has been re-flashed back to stock 2 times and currently has the stock map on it. What I was told is that they had to re-flash it just in case there was a glitch in the software. :nixweiss:

No problem i said go ahead because it only takes me 10 min. to re program the FullSac map.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »

So I called another dealership today. The guy who sold me my ride back on July. 2010 now works with this dealership. I keep in touch with him and we even rode together on a few HOG rides so I have a good relationship with him. On those rides i told him about my problems. He told me when ever i was ready to just give him a call. So I picked up the phone and gave him a call. After the hello's were done the first thing he said was..."so are you ready to finally get your stereo fixed". Ish I guess he still has friends at the other dealership and he knew what was going on. So he took all my information and said that the service manager will be calling me soon. I get the call from the service manger and right away i notice a huge difference in how much more professional he was to what i was used too. After he asked a few questions i just started going on and on about everything that has happened and what was done. He was taking notes till he said to me. "Can you bring the bike in tomorrow and leave it with us". "I said I would love to". He then told me that the Sr. mechanic that will be working on the bike is on his off day tomorrow. No worries. So 20 min later the mechanic called me and asked if i could give him a history of what was done and he will start on my bike Friday......well the flood gate open and i started right from the beginning. I was going so fast at times he asked me to slow down so he can take notes. After about 45 min. he told me not to worry and that he will fix my bike if not the first visit the second for sure.....I was speechless after he said that. So off to the next dealer i go in the morning. It is about 50 KM away and with traffic here it will take more than an hour each way but if my bike gets fixed i am not complaining.

So to be continued but i think these guys are going to actually fix it. I loved the confidence and professionalism in all three guys that i talked to today. Not to mention that they were willing to take the bike ASAP. I thought for sure i would have to wait some time before they asked me to bring it in.

So updates to follow.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Sounds to me they want to put in stock calibration,that is why there blaming the TTS and Race tuner It is fixed right now but the amp is Half of what it used to be,Everyone call John S at customer service that is having this problem ,He said I was the first to inform him of this issue.He has been great at getting me amps radio and speakers over night.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »

Sounds to me they want to put in stock calibration,that is why there blaming the TTS and Race tuner It is fixed right now but the amp is Half of what it used to be,Everyone call John S at customer service that is having this problem ,He said I was the first to inform him of this issue.He has been great at getting me amps radio and speakers over night.

AND here in Canada everyone should be calling Steve at Deeley Canada. He knows about my bike but says I am the only one. :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.