Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem  (Read 47322 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

On Wedensday i went to the dealership to get my bike. I asked for the full/complete service records for my bike from day 1. The printer spitted out 18 sheets/different records. I was confused because I knew i did not have that many at home. Looked over my bike and notice the odometer did not move from when i dropped it off. Drove off in the parking lot and went to applie the rear brake and THE PEDAL JUST BOTTOMS OUT. Note to self......they did the brake switch recall did they bleed the brake line? Anyway back to the stereo. I jumped on the highway and cranked it up. No more than 2 minuets later it started cutting in and out. 35 KM later by the time i got to the other dealership it just shut off on its own but turned back on when i parked it inside the service department.

Moral of this story is ALWAYS ASK FOR ALL UPDATED SERVICE RECORDS for you own records. I would say do it at least once a year. I say this because more was submitted that i did not know about. Also read them carefully because some of the information is shady and made no sense. Total fluff off.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »

On Thursday I went back to the new dealer with the service records in hand. I brought them home and photo copied them and read them over...ish. I met the mechanic and we went over each one. He shook his head a few times....ish. He spent about 30 min. with me. He then looked at me and said don't worry i will fix it.... :o.......I just love this guy's confidence. I let him hold on to the records for reference.

Moral of this story......DO NOT STAY LOYAL TO A DEALERSHIP IF THEY HAD SO MANY KICKS AT THE CAN AND CANNOT FIX YOUR BIKE. (2 Disturbed did say it a few times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:38 PM »

Today I got a call from the mechanic. He went on to tell me that he believes the amp is no good. (THIS IS WHERE IT GET INTERESTING) He called Deeley Canada to find out about the last warranty claim on the amp replacement from the last change. get this......THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF IT. I have a service record saying it was replaced. When a part is replaced it also has to be returned. Deeley has no amp from my bike. The amp that is on my bike right now has no id on it so they could not tell if it is the original or the revised one. Was my amp ever replaced? They ordered a new amp which should arrive on Tuesday. Once installed  they will perform the M-1315 diagnostic to make sure that everything else is working and not defective....ish.

He also told me that the brake line did have air in it and that my shift linkage was loose and needed to be tightened. My bike had a 24 000KM service done in December. They should have done all of that. No wonder there was no extra clicks on the bike..........they never test drove it like they should after a service.

Moral of this story see reply #135 and #136

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

Amp was replaced today......problem still there. They analyzed the system and found that the tweeters are not working. Tweeters have been ordered and will be arriving on Thursday.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »

On Wedensday i went to the dealership to get my bike. I asked for the full/complete service records for my bike from day 1. The printer spitted out 18 sheets/different records. I was confused because I knew i did not have that many at home. Looked over my bike and notice the odometer did not move from when i dropped it off. Drove off in the parking lot and went to applie the rear brake and THE PEDAL JUST BOTTOMS OUT. Note to self......they did the brake switch recall did they bleed the brake line? Anyway back to the stereo. I jumped on the highway and cranked it up. No more than 2 minuets later it started cutting in and out. 35 KM later by the time i got to the other dealership it just shut off on its own but turned back on when i parked it inside the service department.

Moral of this story is ALWAYS ASK FOR ALL UPDATED SERVICE RECORDS for you own records. I would say do it at least once a year. I say this because more was submitted that i did not know about. Also read them carefully because some of the information is shady and made no sense. Total fluff off.
Mano,

I had the same problem with the brake recall. Drove half way across their parking lot and turned around. I didn't go back to the service department but rather went to the owner and asked him to take my bike for a ride. He was a little hesitant but after I explained to him that I wanted him to see first hand their work they did he went ahead. Like me half way across the lot he turned around. His first response was "you have no brakes". I think he thought I was trying to get him injured but after I told him that I just had the brake recall done he was absolutely pissed.

Needless to say my brakes were fixed right then. While getting the service corrected he asked to service manager how often this happens. All I can say is that the service department was pulled together, with me next to the owner, and got quite a tongue lashing. Not only was the owner embarassed but he was truly upset for almost leaving the lot with a bike with no brakes. He used phrases like "I've got 4 F*@#! kids", "You could have killed this guy", "Harely's reputation..", "Lawsuits....", Etc.......... I don't think this dealership will ever have an issues like this again. I've been yelled at by the boss before but nothing like this.

Back to the stereo. I must be one of the lucky ones here. I had my amp replaced last summer and it's been trouble free since then. Hearing all the troubles and differing scenarios I'm almost guessing there is a wiring harness issue at fault. Good luck!!!!!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »

Mano,

I had the same problem with the brake recall. Drove half way across their parking lot and turned around. I didn't go back to the service department but rather went to the owner and asked him to take my bike for a ride. He was a little hesitant but after I explained to him that I wanted him to see first hand their work they did he went ahead. Like me half way across the lot he turned around. His first response was "you have no brakes". I think he thought I was trying to get him injured but after I told him that I just had the brake recall done he was absolutely pissed.

Needless to say my brakes were fixed right then. While getting the service corrected he asked to service manager how often this happens. All I can say is that the service department was pulled together, with me next to the owner, and got quite a tongue lashing. Not only was the owner embarassed but he was truly upset for almost leaving the lot with a bike with no brakes. He used phrases like "I've got 4 F*@#! kids", "You could have killed this guy", "Harely's reputation..", "Lawsuits....", Etc.......... I don't think this dealership will ever have an issues like this again. I've been yelled at by the boss before but nothing like this.

Back to the stereo. I must be one of the lucky ones here. I had my amp replaced last summer and it's been trouble free since then. Hearing all the troubles and differing scenarios I'm almost guessing there is a wiring harness issue at fault. Good luck!!!!!

I hear ya Willy but I think in my situation it was just bad timing. With the dealership closing obviously they just did not care and they jerked me around. With my bike now at another dealership i have already seen a huge difference in customer service. I think/hope that things will now be different. Time will tell.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »

Mano,

I've been following your journey here for a while now and I can't imagine the pain you're going through. Continuing unresolved warranty issues combined with terrible customer service would certainly drive me to drink. :drink:

I'll keep my fingers crossed down here in the states for you. Best of Luck!!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »

So I picked up my bike on Friday night.............TWEETERS. Both of them where blown. I have been riding since.......900 KM in 3 days and the system has not failed. The system is also just as load as before. I am happy as long as it holds up....ish......bottom line I still believe that the parts are cheap but as long as they are working i am happy. Also the dealership is to blame here. They knew they were going to close there doors so they did not care. Lesson learned...move on to another dealership if you are not getting things resolved in a timely matter.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »

Don't get too happy. My second amp may have gone out after eight months since the first replacement. It hasn't been troubleshot yet to confirm but no sound from radio or ipod.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »

Mano,I have the new amp and have half the volume as before,if I recall you had the same problem,with the new tweeters did it make the volume better and sound like you have an amp again?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »

Don't get too happy. My second amp may have gone out after eight months since the first replacement. It hasn't been troubleshot yet to confirm but no sound from radio or ipod.

I hear ya brother....after 3 head units, 2 amps, complete Ipod harness, Ipod module and 2 tweeters I am not holding my breath.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »

Mano,I have the new amp and have half the volume as before,if I recall you had the same problem,with the new tweeters did it make the volume better and sound like you have an amp again?

YES they did. The system is much louder and is performing like it did from day one. 2Disturbed had the same problem and was corrected when the tweeters were replaced. I was told that the new tweeters are much different than the original. Right now it sounds great. Over 1000 km and the system is still working. My system started acting up at 4000 KM so another 3000 km to go.....lol.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

I hear ya brother....after 3 head units, 2 amps, complete Ipod harness, Ipod module and 2 tweeters I am not holding my breath.

I guess the end result will be out of our pockets for better performance. I will nickle them to the end of my warranty before taking out of my pocket.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »

Somewhere I remember a discussion about being able to adjust and set the factory amp to go louder/adjust the volume but was not confirmed.........this is NOT true. After talking to the mechanic who worked on my bike he told me that the amp is plug and play and thats it.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »

I guess the end result will be out of our pockets for better performance. I will nickle them to the end of my warranty before taking out of my pocket.

I hear ya again........when this system is working it is not that bad.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.