Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stage II cam or III  (Read 1443 times)

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
Stage II cam or III
« on: September 01, 2019, 07:36:33 PM »

I only want comment for what I'm doing, not how to do it better please.  just what I AM doing A or B.

I have stage 2 torque kit 447 cam, adjustable push rods, etc. With Harley street tuner, and wideband auto tuner in my hands. Going to the dealership with also the 498 cam in 2 week's.

My dealer says the 2017 114 CVO has the standard .350 cam, not the CVO .432 cam in 2018 117. They also say, that the 114 CVO is different than the now  standard 114. High performance head, springs, etc.. so the stage II 447 Is a great cam. But the stage III 498 with nothing else will still be awesome and more even across more range.

Thoughts? I will be running stock header with wide band o2, rinehart slip ons. Stock SE air filter.

One dealer says no dyno needed, waste of money, the other (doing the work) says absolutely, got to dial it in so the auto tuner has a good base map to build from. 2 tuner guys I have talked to say the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Stage II cam or III
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »

Stage 3 cam in my Stage 4 117 build works very well.  Pulls strong from the bottom where I do most of my riding.  And yes, get the bike tuned by a tech who knows what he is doing.  Good luck. 

Marty811

• SD

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra-Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited-Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Limited-Traded. 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:16:34 AM »

I have had the 447 torque cam in my 2017 CVO limited since it came off the truck new so I cannot compare the performance to stock. I run stock headers and street cannons.
It has been a great performer and suits my riding style since my wife is almost always on the back.
I would recommend a dyno tune. After riding it with the canned tune for a year I had it dyno tuned at the dealer using the Pro Street tuner and definitely noticed a difference. Just sharper throttle response all around especially off idle. Picked up some power too.

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »

I have had the 447 torque cam in my 2017 CVO limited since it came off the truck new so I cannot compare the performance to stock. I run stock headers and street cannons.
It has been a great performer and suits my riding style since my wife is almost always on the back.
I would recommend a dyno tune. After riding it with the canned tune for a year I had it dyno tuned at the dealer using the Pro Street tuner and definitely noticed a difference. Just sharper throttle response all around especially off idle. Picked up some power too.
Thanks, I am getting it dyno tuned. Even with the auto tuner, it works from a better base map.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.