Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?  (Read 22514 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

im wondering to what extent do people go to when the do a complete detail, i remove bags, seat, side panels, floor boards, passender pegs, my wife says im crazy , how many other crazy people do that ? by the way it takes me about 3 hrs to wash, wax and polish everything and i do mean everything

I think your wife is being nice!  Dood, thats nuts, it's just gonna get dirty again?  Chit, that much effort would have me think twice about riding it and getting it dirty......new tag name  "Felix"
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

There's a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands on this site.  I wish I had more time to just ride the damn bike!
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »

It's therapeutic.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »

Turn on hose with turtle wax wash...wipe down with shammy...ride

10 -15 minutes tops to clean, 8-9 hours drive.  Repeat  - riding I find very relaxing and good for the soul, ..Make you OCD cleaners a deal.... I'll ride your bikes, you wash and wax mine.... we are both winners then :D

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »

I truly enjoy reading these detailing/cleaning threads each time they come around.  Reaffirms that I'm not alone in my obsession to enjoy riding a clean scooter.  And once they're really clean, seems that it's easier to keep 'em that way.  Bugs come off easier and problems seem to be spotted earlier while touching all the various parts of the scooter while washing/drying/polishing/etc.  I do remember that the choppers were a lot easier to clean than these dressers tho....just less of 'em, I guess.  And I have white walls on Ole Granny.  Needs constant attention 'cause nothing is worse than dirty Gangsta's.  :-[  har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

After hunting season and Christmas, I put the bike in my cave and tear it apart. Fairing off, headlights out, windshield off, then I put it on the lift and start washing and cleaning. Dry and put 5 coats of Glasse paint sealer on it.Then 3 coats of carnuba wax. Also any more bling I've gotten. Takes a good 2 months, but it helps treat "cabin fever".
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE NUTS???  I do a good cleaning with wash & Glare products once a year.  Normally just after hunting season because I need something to do before shed hunting.  Through the year I take the saddle bags off to wash and touch up with Glare products.  Normally takes 25-30 mins.  I've never taken the seat & side covers off because of the electronics.  Do you really spray water in those area's????
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

My other bikes were lucky to get a wash once a year, and I didn't think twice about riding in just about any kind of weather (except ice).
In fact, my bikes were my main mode of transportation for a good year and a half.

Since buying the CVO I find myself worrying about keeping the bike clean, not wanting to ride in the rain, and other stuff like that.
It's just fundamentally wrong, what the heck has happened to me?  I have a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray in the bags right now.  It just ain't natural.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »

My other bikes were lucky to get a wash once a year, and I didn't think twice about riding in just about any kind of weather (except ice).
In fact, my bikes were my main mode of transportation for a good year and a half.

Since buying the CVO I find myself worrying about keeping the bike clean, not wanting to ride in the rain, and other stuff like that.
It's just fundamentally wrong, what the heck has happened to me?  I have a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray in the bags right now.  It just ain't natural.

Might not be natural, but it happens to the best of us.  All part of it.  :beerchug: :2thumbsup: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »

Take it to the carwash and hose her down.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »

I carry a mini California duster in my bag.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »

This thing?  ;D

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

I had one of those...loved it.  Wore it out and now can't find the damn things anywhere...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »

I had one of those...loved it.  Wore it out and now can't find the damn things anywhere...

The duster or the Blonde :nixweiss:

SEDEUCE069

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE 100th
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

I use tooth brush with cleaner/polish  for wheels, brake rotor; where it doesn't contact brake pads, each fin on the jugs, the underneath heck everything on the bike gets that treatment!! it only happens once and a while tho like every month or so not counting the almost weekly quick washes, and the the spotty job the shop does for the prepaid maintenance IF THEY DECIDE TO SEND ALL THE PARTS BACK WITH IT!!   ugh should of just bought all the tools and manuals!!! :soapbox: O and for me there is no "OFF SEASON" Just off days for the bike and well mentally for me i guess :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:01:18 AM by SEDEUCE069 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.