Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO Ultra "Hammock" Seat Opinions Requested  (Read 10882 times)

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
Re: CVO Ultra "Hammock" Seat Opinions Requested
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »

Pic 3

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »

Pic 4

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

And the last one...

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »

I have had the Gell Pad installed in my stock seat, not good at all. As the engine warmed up so did that gell pad and man did it stay hot. Also had the Zepplin Seat, it's not a bad seat just not worth the money. I have the Hammock Seat now. I have over 7000 miles in the seat and it's great, feels like your setting in your car seat. I guess the air pocket that is created by the hammock helps keep the heat from getting to my pork loins because I can tell a big difference from it too my stock 2008 SEUC seat. I have had no problems with the seat breaking down or the hammock stretching and I'm a 300 pounder setting on that bad boy. Butt as you know opinions are like ass holes everyone has one, good luck.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »

The seat came in Saturday about 45 minutes before I had to leave for a 150 mile ride on Saturday.     :2vrolijk_21:
So I threw it on and took off... Early reviews:

1.  The hammock seat doesn't fit quite as well on the 'ol SERK as I would like.  It works, but I had to put a little more pressure on it on the back (BSR area) to get the bolt tightened down.  However, once on it didn't go anywhere.
2.  It definitely raises me up I'd say a good 2 to 3 inches.  Took a few miles to get used to that.  Same for BSR.
3.  VERY comfortable, both rider and BSR.  At the end of the 150 neither of us felt any discomfort.  We'll see what happens with more mileage.   :2vrolijk_21:
4.  It does look a little awkward on the SERK...not so much with the tour pack installed, but by itself or with the back rest it's a little thick. :-\
5.  Forget about using the stock back rest with it.   :(  Fortunately I have one of the tall ones so it works out.
6.  If your rider back rest hits you mid-back with the stock seat, it'll hit you just above your belt line with this seat.

I'll post some pics with the new look.  I'll use this seat religiously when doing long rides but for around town I'll probably put the stock seat back on.  All in all, I think it's worth the money (if it holds up to wear & tear).  Attaching pic 1.

I think it looks pretty good on there.  I'm glad it's working as far as comfort.

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

I love the CVO Ultra seat on my 09.  I'm 6'2" and I could never get far enough from the handlebars with any other stock seat (several Road Kings and an 06 CVO Ultra).  This one is wider and sits me farther back.  I road 575 miles on it a week ago Saturday in under 9 hours.  Gas and hydration stops were about it.  Two lane roads, no interstate.  Rode 465 yesterday.  Three gas stops and 1/2 hour at a HD dealer checking out a 2010 CVO SG.  I love the seat and the bike in general.   
That being said, my passenger doesn't appreciate it so much.  Part of the problem is that she hates the adjustable board mounts.  I adjusted til blue in the face.  Their too high or too far forward at every angle.  Just sold them on e-bay and put on chrome standard mounts and the wider stock Ultra boards.  Using that cash to order a tourpak relocation kit.  All that extra seat room Harley gave me (the rider) had to come from somewhere and it did come from cramping the passenger back into the tourpak.  I had a relocation kit on my 06 CVO Ultra too so I think she'll enjoy the seat much more when I get that on.  Believe or not,  it was cool enough yesterday morning crossing the mountain passes that I even tried out the heated seat.  Didn't really need it but I figured I'd better see if it worked as well as the 06 did.  It does.
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

2002redeagle

• eagle freak

• CVO1: 2010 ultra classic scarlet red and slate gray
    • CVO2: 2009 fxstc
    • CVO3: 2002 cvo road king in red
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »

ooltewah manufacturing in ooltewah tn makes a complete line of gel seats and also bluetooth communications for bikes  their phone number is 423-238-5388 ext 99,,, Jerry is an awesome guy and take great care of you,, just tell him that Steve from Goodyear sent you,,,,,,,,,,,,btw he is also a Boss Hoss dealer and also carries Aprila

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »

:pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

I love the "hammock seat".

Just finished 4200 miles in  8 days.

Best seat I have ever owned.

The tearing away issue is a warranty issue and HD has a brand new part number to fix the problem.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Road Hog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Living The Dream until the 2008 Stock Market Crash
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 01:27:29 AM »

I am 5'9".  The seat doesn't lock you in as it is kind of flat but I find it very comfortable and I am on the road alot as we do lots of touring.  It is tall and that could be modified I am told.  For the passenger, my wife complains that it is not sloped enough toward the tour pack.  When I brake, she needs to hook her feet behind the foot pags to keep her from moving forward into me.  Our Road King seat sloped more and she was much less inclined to move forward during braking.  It is one of HD best seats, ever.
FLHTCUSE4, Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue.

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »

It never worked for me, I am 6'6", 270 and I needed more room both back and to the sides for my big butt, I found that I was sitting on the ridge of the rear of the saddle, and it was hard, so I had the seat pan modified, shaved down, while retaining the hammock, foam and gel placed behind the hammock and then the entire seat covered with leather instead of the saddlehyde, makes a big difference for me. He is what the inside of your seat looks like.

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 01:33:30 AM »

another pic of the seat pan

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 01:35:18 AM »

end results to the rebuild
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.