Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1" to 25mm wheel bearing  (Read 872 times)

The Green Dragon

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

1" to 25mm wheel bearing
« on: August 14, 2020, 06:43:01 PM »

I bought a set of 60 spoke wheels, but what I have is 1" bearings and I need to change them to a 25mm to go on my 09 Softail Springer, is there a replacement bearing I can use in place of?  I know the 1" bearings are thicker, also do I need to have the spacer switched out also? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: 1" to 25mm wheel bearing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 09:36:01 PM »

A good bearing supply company, and most major cities have one, can help you out. I haven't needed anything like this in a long time but when I did a Lousiville business, Kentucky Bearing Supply took the stamped number off the bearing I had, went to a chart in the catalog and cross-referenced to the size I needed. They had them in stock and it was pretty cheap.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 08:48:56 AM »

Also, check with your dealer.  Harley has kits they sell that include bearings and the proper spacers for various models for those who are installing non-stock wheels.  To answer your second question, yes you will need to change the spacers if you change the width of the bearings.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »

Original post didn't specify if the wheels are manufacturer correct for the bike or something more generic aftermarket.  If the latter all bets are off as to what you'll need and how the stack will add up.  Building a bearing a spacer stack correctly is just one of the things we have to live with when going aftermarket.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 07:15:57 PM »

if they are FOR harley AND have the same bering OD as your bike - then just get bearing kits for the bike its going on.  make certain to use the correct spacer and the correct tools.. using anything else is asking for big trouble

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.