Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Helen "Rides Like a Pro"  (Read 5563 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Helen "Rides Like a Pro"
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 09:48:33 AM »

Send it to the first person who jumps in and says they want to watch it.  ;D

:indian_chief:

That's easy!
Send it to me and Nancy.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »

That's easy!
Send it to me and Nancy.

Hey - I already offered to just "mail it down the coast  :)
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »

Somebody PM me an address. Gotta pass this "hot potato"! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »

Somebody PM me an address. Gotta pass this "hot potato"! ;D

Hoist! 8)

Done

Send it with the Christmas card!

;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »

Send it to me, along with the tools for my SEUC!  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 06:07:46 AM »

Well I am figured I should reply to this post because it is the right thing to do. I had a good time and I learned the skill of head and eyes . I  can make turns better and the figure eight. We had 8 people in the class 7 men and Me :)  Four out of the seven men were not that good three guys dropped there bike more than once. I would suggest anyone wanting to take the class should watch the DVD.  Oh yeah one more thing (easy clutch) I don't have one my hand got a Charley horse.  And Dave was right about me being determined after the first guy dropped his bike I was not going to drop mine I am very strong minded ;D .   The guy uses a mega phone and yells at you. :-[ 

Helen :carrot:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 06:17:43 AM »

Thanks for the ride report on the class Helen.  That head and eyes thing still amazes me.  I am not good - at all - at the figure 8 in the box.  I can do the 8, but if you are anywhere near the box, you better back up a bit.  I try to practice, but it is so much easier to just get out on the road and head that-a-way and like an ole Safety Officer told us, he could teach a monkey to ride a bike in a straight line, it is the slow maneuvers that takes skill.  I am glad you stuck the class out.  Sorry the instructor yelled at you. 

harleydiva

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

Way to go Helen!   :2vrolijk_21:    I admire you lady drivers ...  I'll always be a BSR, but that's ok ... I like sitting in my throne behind my man.   ;)

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »

Way to go Helen!   :2vrolijk_21:    I admire you lady drivers ...  I'll always be a BSR, but that's ok ... I like sitting in my throne behind my man.   ;)

I like riding on the back of the bike also !! I will never get tired of that it lets me see more and relax. I like riding my own bike alone not in a group I don't know why.

Helen

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

I like riding on the back of the bike also !! I will never get tired of that it lets me see more and relax. I like riding my own bike alone not in a group I don't know why.

Helen
Riding in a group is an entirely different dynamic.  When you are alone, or just puttin in front of or behind your buddy (Dave or other good buddy) then you don't have to worry so much about lane position.  You can take a lot more room to make maneuvers. You will look down the road further and plan your route, but when you are in a group, you tend to look at the rear of the bike in front of you and you have less time and room to do everything - stop, turn, weave, lean, look - all of it.  Also,  in a group, you feel like people are judging you and your riding ability and it makes you self conscious.  Helen, you just keep riding and practicing it in small groups - 1 or 2 max until you feel like you are riding like that pro you are.  And, anytime it doesn't feel right, jump on up on the back of your hubby and share that ride together.  I think you really have the best of all worlds.   

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »

Helen

Helen,

I do like riding in a group with friends.  It is like the ultimate bonding experience IMO.  There's nothing like the feel and sound of a solid group of riders accelerating and going through the gears together.  It just sort of gets me in the gut and the chest!  But......Nothing helps me clear my head better after a tough day at the office, etc. than hopping on my bike and pointing it down the road just by myself.  Something about it just brings a lot of peace.  Glad you are putting those skills to use and I am so looking forward to riding again with you soon, wether you are 2-up behind Dave or you are solo on your own bike.

Keep well and keep riding!

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »

Helen,

I do like riding in a group with friends.  It is like the ultimate bonding experience IMO.  There's nothing like the feel and sound of a solid group of riders accelerating and going through the gears together.  It just sort of gets me in the gut and the chest!  But......Nothing helps me clear my head better after a tough day at the office, etc. than hopping on my bike and pointing it down the road just by myself.  Something about it just brings a lot of peace.  Glad you are putting those skills to use and I am so looking forward to riding again with you soon, wether you are 2-up behind Dave or you are solo on your own bike.

Keep well and keep riding!

I guess I should I like being in a group too! but I don't feel I ride good enough to ride in a large group yet I get to nervous still riding. When I am alone I can stop when I want too and I can turn when I want too I have no great expectation of myself on how long it takes me to get where I am going or the way I  go. But I truly love the sound of all the bikes together and I like watching the group from behind so I think I have the best of both (Sorry Dave ) I guess you still have a BSR.

Helen

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »

I guess I should I like being in a group too! but I don't feel I ride good enough to ride in a large group yet I get to nervous still riding. When I am alone I can stop when I want too and I can turn when I want too I have no great expectation of myself on how long it takes me to get where I am going or the way I  go. But I truly love the sound of all the bikes together and I like watching the group from behind so I think I have the best of both (Sorry Dave ) I guess you still have a BSR.

Helen
I don't think Dave will be doing any complaining about you still wanting to be his BSR. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »

I don't think Dave will be doing any complaining about you still wanting to be his BSR. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:love_3: :argue:   You win some & you lose some too.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

Just thought I'd mention that Ken took Chuck's "Ride Like A Pro" DVD back with him to check it out. He'll forward it to whoever wants it after he's done. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.