Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Cee Baily Windshield Is On  (Read 6935 times)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: Cee Baily Windshield Is On
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

Was at the dealers to look at fairing part#,. The 09 RG has a 04 part# and the 09 SERG has a 09 part# which means really nothing as you can only order the SERG fairing with a color.  09 RG can come primed. Will have to see pics of both the 09 RG and the 09 SERG to see if they are differant. I have owned a 07 RG and can not remember if there was any differance to this 09 SERG fairing.  Doc

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

Just recieved a call from Jor at Cee Baily, it will be about two weeks before the new 09SERG shields will be ready, they have to make a mold for the 09SERG shields. Also so everyone knows the outer fairing is differant on the 09 SERG than the 04 to 09 RG fairings. If anyone doubts it drive by thier plant in southern LA. and have a look. And Also the price for the new 09 SERG shields will be much higher than the 09 RG sheilds.  Doc

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

Check out Cee Baily new star burst on there site about the 09SERG, will not fit. Would post a link but do not know how. Thanks Doc

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »

Damn chit , I ordered the 15" for me and rhinecowboy over Ronnie from http://www.lewiscustomcycles.com/index.php.
Wrote him a mail to change the order , hope he can manage this .
What do we have to order now , or do we have to wait for their special-SERG-shield ?

They did not have had this notice on their site when i ordered last week :

*Will not fit Screaming Eagle FLTR. Screaming Eagle edition will be available February 1st

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:15:07 AM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »

Damn chit , I ordered the 15" for me and rhinecowboy over Ronnie from http://www.lewiscustomcycles.com/index.php.
Wrote him a mail to change the order , hope he can manage this .
What do we have to order now , or do we have to wait for their special-SERG-shield ?

They did not have had this notice on their site when i ordered last week :

*Will not fit Screaming Eagle FLTR. Screaming Eagle edition will be available February 1st

You will need to call and cancel the order, as the ones Cee Baily has now will not fit. There new ones will be out in two weeks that will use the 09SERG seal gasket.  Doc

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 12:56:31 PM »

Thxs , so i told to Ronnie in the mail , hope they will make no problems cause the shields are allready on the way to Ronnie and he has to send them back to CEE Baileys . Hmmm .

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »

Highjacker. Call Cee Baily and have them pay for the return shipping, they did that for me.  They gave me a RMA # and Fed X will pick it up at my house at no cost to me. Make the call to Cee Baily and tell them what happened. Doc  Talk to ALF Or Joe.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »

OK , we will try this . Thxs ,

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

Hey HDDOCFL ,
many many many thanks for your quick report and the important message about the CEE-(not)fitting , Ronnie from http://www.lewiscustomcycles.com/index.php was able to change the order and has instruct me to thank you for avoiding a big mess ( that we would have had when the shield would have been sent to germany ) .
 THANK you .

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

Hey HDDOCFL ,
many many many thanks for your quick report and the important message about the CEE-(not)fitting , Ronnie from http://www.lewiscustomcycles.com/index.php was able to change the order and has instruct me to thank you for avoiding a big mess ( that we would have had when the shield would have been sent to germany ) .
 THANK you .
Your very welcome Highjacker !  Just got off the phone with Joe at Cee Baileys and he says the 09 SERG shield he is making will have no slots but rather longated holes should look a lot better and fit better than any other shield out there as they will be thwe first to have a full line od 09SERG windshields to use the stock 09SERG gasket -spacer. I have orderd a new 16" round top that he is working on. Super contour dark gray tint with recurve top.    Doc

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

thanks for the update Doc, my old one is on its way back,  I think your 16in might be perfect im waiting to see what the touring version looks like

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »

Doc, Love the look.  I ordered the CV stock hight with re-curve for mine. I sat on a 09 RG (not CVO) at the dealer and I could see over the top. Thats why I went with that model and height. Now looking at yours has me wondering if I made the right decision :nixweiss: Let us know how it works out...

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »

Doc, Love the look.  I ordered the CV stock hight with re-curve for mine. I sat on a 09 RG (not CVO) at the dealer and I could see over the top. Thats why I went with that model and height. Now looking at yours has me wondering if I made the right decision :nixweiss: Let us know how it works out...

Not to worry, CV makes a great product , windshields are like mufflers  every one is searching for that perfect sound and look, same principal applies to wind protection. Over the years ive bought dozens of each, still looking.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:24:27 PM by dartman »

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »

I'm glad I kindled the fire with my comments on the fairing differences or lack of. Many excellent rebuttals. I am curious why my KW shield fits my SERG.  I know The same exact shield is on a friends 08 RG. Same non slotted holes, same fit. Must be something I don't see when I'm drinking... :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »

I sent Cee Bailey an email telling them to hold my order until the new windshield comes out, today I recieved a phone call confirming they got my email and they would hold my order until the new ones come out. Talk about good service....
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.