CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Newbie has CVO exhaust question

(1/5) > >>

Pumba11:

I have been referred to this site from HDForums.com.

Wealth of information, but I need some clarification.

Here is my question.  I have a '99 FLHR.  I was able to pick up some brand new '06 CVO pipes at the dealer for next to nothing and am considering putting them on my Stage 1, 88" TC.  Here are the part numbers 65913-06 and 66080-06 and they came off a 103" CVO Ultra.  I would be replacing my one-peice SE mufflers which are too loud and tinny for my taste.  I am looking for a quieter, yet HD sounding bike, yet not diminishing the performance.  I ride 2-up a lot.

If I understand this correctly, the left side of these mufflers has a cat in it and the right side does not.  They are stock pipes, but from a larger motor.  So here are my questions:

Will these muffles flow free-er than regular stock 88" FLHR mufflers?

Could you use the "non-cat" right side muffler on the left side?  Would this be a good idea?

Any of you with these mufflers care to render your opinion on sound?

Thanks from a CVO wannabe.

Pumba11:

:pepper:  Just an FYI, I am a board newbie not a HD newbie.

Midnight Rider:

--- Quote from: Pumba11 on February 27, 2007, 04:48:04 PM ---I have been referred to this site from HDForums.com.

Wealth of information, but I need some clarification.

Here is my question.  I have a '99 FLHR.  I was able to pick up some brand new '06 CVO pipes at the dealer for next to nothing and am considering putting them on my Stage 1, 88" TC.  Here are the part numbers 65913-06 and 66080-06 and they came off a 103" CVO Ultra.  I would be replacing my one-peice SE mufflers which are too loud and tinny for my taste.  I am looking for a quieter, yet HD sounding bike, yet not diminishing the performance.  I ride 2-up a lot.

If I understand this correctly, the left side of these mufflers has a cat in it and the right side does not.  They are stock pipes, but from a larger motor.  So here are my questions:

Will these muffles flow free-er than regular stock 88" FLHR mufflers?

Could you use the "non-cat" right side muffler on the left side?  Would this be a good idea?

Any of you with these mufflers care to render your opinion on sound?

Thanks from a CVO wannabe.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the site, first of all!  I have an 06 CVO Ultra...those muffs are VERY quiet, in my opinion.  Too quiet...and that's on a 103" motor which "kicks" a bit harder than the 88", so they will be even quieter on it.  You might get Fulsac to do a conversion on them to open them up a bit, and they would probably sound pretty good.  Are you running stock headpipes?  If you want an extra pair to send off to Fulsac and have modified, I've got a totally unused pair in a box...

Pumba11:
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am running stock head pipes. 

Not good on the quiet part.  I will check out Fulsac as an option, I have their link.

bisounours:
Good afternoon Pumba11,

I send you the  :welcome_005:  from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version