CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Raising AFR

(1/1)

TallyClassic:
Which would be the most efficient way to raise the AFR across the board in all situations?

I have an '05 SEEG, have done all the firmware and software updates.  But consistently see blackend sparkplugs.  Doesn't seem to matter if I'm riding highway or around town.  The bike used to ping at 2300-2700rpm when rolling on the throttle, got that out by adjusting down on the timing.  Good gas mileage @ 40-42mpg.

So, which would I change?  The AFR vs Throttle Position?  Raise the whole line up 5%?  Or, go to the AFR vs Engine Temperature and lower that by say 5 points?

TallyClassic:
TallyClassic,

This is Adam from Zipper's. For some reason I am not allowed to post in the Zipper's forum (there's no reply button for me?), so I have to respond via PM for the moment.

Please take a minute and download the newest SmartLink IV Instructions. The full tuning manual was just released this week and posted on the Thunder-Max.com website today. Here's the link, look for SMLIV Installation / Full Tuning Manual at the bottom of the page. It's much larger than the SMLIII instructions, but the organization is much better. This may assist you in your tuning issues, if it does not, please contact me via PM or email for more help. 

http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/Instructions/FuelInjectionManuals.aspx

The second trailer left today for Daytona, so John Kitzmiller will be out of the office until the week of the 12th, but I was not given an exact date. Half of our crew will be at Daytona, so we're going to be difficult to get a hold of this coming week. Please feel free to contact me directly at adam.h@zippersperformance.com for technical assistance.

As far as your question goes about the AFR, I am assuming you are in open loop (no Auto-Tune), if this is the case, please adjust the fuel on the AFR vs TPS page. The AFR vs Engine Temperature page is only active in a closed loop situation. I would recommend changing the AFR in certain throttle ranges and going out and riding it. This should help you feel what you're doing when you make adjustments to the AFR vs TPS page. If you still have questions after looking over the Tuning section, please email me with some basic information about your combination, ride quality and characteristics, and I will try to assist you with tuning.

Please feel free to cut and paste my response into the forum where you posted the AFR question, I would like to announce the new manual, but cannot post in the Zipper's forum. I think this manual will help many of the current users and we're ready to promote it!

Thanks for using the ThunderMax system,
Adam

Adam Herbert
Mechanical Engineer
Zipper's Performance Products
Red Shift Cams
www.Thunder-Max.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version