CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Rinehart True Duals vs V&H Dresser Duals

(1/7) > >>

strohkr:
I saw a set of Rineharts on an '07 EG and they were beautiful! So I quickly canceled my order for the Khrome Werks slip ons and told my dealer to order a set of Rineharts for my '07 SERK. He called me back and told me the Rineharts won't fit the '07 SERK and so far there's no factory fix. DAMN!
Now what? Back to the Khrome Werks???
I'm thinking maybe the V&H Dresser Duals with a set of V&H Oval Slip-Ons and then a SERT to dial everything in...
Dealer said they'll stand behind my warranty.
Any thoughts out there on the V&H set up????
Thanks!
Greg.

Chief:

--- Quote from: strohkr on March 12, 2007, 07:16:39 PM ---I saw a set of Rineharts on an '07 EG and they were beautiful! So I quickly canceled my order for the Khrome Werks slip ons and told my dealer to order a set of Rineharts for my '07 SERK. He called me back and told me the Rineharts won't fit the '07 SERK and so far there's no factory fix. DAMN!
I'm thinking maybe the V&H Dresser Duals with a set of V&H Oval Slip-Ons and then a SERT to dial everything in...
Thanks!
Greg.

--- End quote ---

Strohkr,

Several board members have the Rineharts on their 07's, including me. Your dealer is incorrect.

Chief

rubaga:
I have also seen a lot of threads to this effect here.  Try contacting the tech support here before deciding to move on with your second option.

http://bub.com/

RedDevil:
There have been some issues with the Rineharts on the SERKS.  Seems the front header pipe w/heat shield comes too close to the rear brake lever.  Most here have found a fix by either changing out the brake lever or milling the edge down so that there is clearance.  I have the Vance & Hines set up on my SEUC and love it. ;) No clearance issues at all. Great sound and looks.  Be advised, the ovals are a tad quieter than the Rineharts, but will still bark if you want them to.  Another alternative is you can go with the V&H headers, which pose no problems with the brake lever, and put Rinehart slippons on them. 

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

Chief:

--- Quote from: strohkr on March 12, 2007, 07:16:39 PM ---I saw a set of Rineharts on an '07 EG and they were beautiful! So I quickly canceled my order for the Khrome Werks slip ons and told my dealer to order a set of Rineharts for my '07 SERK. He called me back and told me the Rineharts won't fit the '07 SERK and so far there's no factory fix. DAMN!
Thanks!
Greg.

--- End quote ---

Strohkr,

I was real rushed with my first response. I've got a bit more time now, so I'll elaborate a bit.

Both V&H and Rinehart make pipes for the 07's. Both are good pipes, but both also have their problems. I chose the Rineharts, so I'll detail their known problems first.

** Rinehart Front O2 Sensor Orientation **

The O2 sensor bung points the O2 sensor towards the oil cooler adapter. If you run with the stock sensor, this is not a problem. If you replace the stock (narrowband) sensor with a wideband sensor for a self-tuning ignition, or exhaust gas analyzer, the orientation of the sensor causes it to hit the OC adapter. This problem can be remedied in one of two ways. You can either remove metal from the OC adapter to make room, or re-orient the bung. I chose to re-orient the bung. I threaded a M18-1.50 x 4" bolt into the bung, heated it up good and whacked the head of the bolt a couple of good ones to change the angle of the bung. It doesn't take much, maybe 5 to 10 degrees, and it clears fine.

** Rinehart Rear Brake Lever Conflict **

Some people have this problem and some don't. I did. The rear pipe cleared the brake lever by about 1/8" without the heat shield. The heatshield hit. I corrected the problem by marking the heatshield and using the end of a broom stick handle and a hammer to tap an indention into the heat shield. Problem solved.

Good News: Bub knows there is a problem. Bub WILL BE addressing them. The word from the top at Bub is to go ahead and make the changes you feel necessary to make the pipes fit, and WHEN they get the changes made, you can get a free replacement. You need to make a warranty claim with Bub in order to get notified when the new pipe becomes available.

** V&H Rear O2 Sensor Orientation **

The rear O2 sensor orientation produces problems when the stock sensors are replaced with wideband sensors. The tail end of the sensor hits the nipple on the transmission top cover. I have seen members have moved the nipple on the cover, or re-oriented the bung for clearance. Either way works.

Those are the two most popular options for True Duals on the 07's. Both have problems, but are workable. The choice is up to you.

Best of luck in your quest,

Chief

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version