CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Thunder Max w/auto tune

(1/2) > >>

flyingwillie:
I am seeking input for those with 103's that have installed the TM w/auto tune.  I have been
advised to get it dyno'd initially and then allow it to adjust going forward as things change. 
Everyone I talk to says the closed loop system is the way to go so I am leaning heavily in
that direction as I am about to install true duals, etc.  I was going to install the SERT but
that seems like old technology now  :nixweiss:
thanks for any advice
 :cherry:

icybay:
I don't think there is any need to dyno first. it defeats the advantage of buying the AutoTune with the money you would have otherwise spent on a dyno, (if you can even find a shop that can tune the TMax). Zippers has plenty of free maps that will get you as close as you need.

I think teh vast majority of people have just downloaded one of the canned maps and let the AutoTune do its thing. I know I did and the 103 runs like a champ. You wont be sorry if you get the AutoTune.

Good Luck

flyingwillie:
Icybay,
I see you have D&D's.  Did you have to do any modifications on the header pipes to accommodate the Thunder Max?
I will have to do so on the V&H true duals cause of the rear bung location etc.
thanks
 :cherry:

icybay:
The D&D's came with the O2 bungs and everything fit just like it was supposed to.

sqrrl24:
flyingwillie,
   I have had the thundermax on the  :pumpkin: for a year with their map for rineharts true duels and air cleaner and it ran decent. I just added the auto tune last week at bikeweek and so far I am pleased it feels more responsive and runs smoother. But I think it runs hotter now. I have not checked fuel mileage yet. It always used more fuel than my  :bananarock: with E series 2-1, air cleaner and the race tuner that was dyno tuned and runs great. The  :pumpkin: before the auto tune I felt was not as strong as the  :bananarock:. Now so far I think it is very close. But I have not done any dyno comparisons yet only seat of the pants. If you have any Questions I will be glad to answer them if I can. I have dyno runs comparing the two before I added the auto tune I think I posted them in the seeg dyno thread. If you can't find them I will post them for you. I hope this helps.

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version