CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

TTS & V-Tune

(1/2) > >>

newseultra07:
Ok found a local indy shop that says been thru TTS training on doing tuning without Dyno using the V-Tune within TTS.  Says he is took the 2 day class with Doc down in Florida. My question is how good a tune can you get without a dyno... Im just doing a cam change on a CVO 117.

hd-dude:
It will work fine in the closed loop areas only. Idle, part throttle and cruise areas are closed loop typically.

TN:
Do yourself a favor and have it properly tuned by a competent tuner with a dyno and proper tools.

JMHO

IA17RGU:
Ahh. Just for reference. I tune bikes. Lover vision and tts and both Harley tuners.

Fact. You can tune a bike on a dyno

Fact you can tune a bike with a laptop.

The dyno takes less time cuz you don’t have to go anywhere

Fact. My shop will charge you the same amount of money.

Make your own choice.

Fact. Tts said unless you are drag racing and have some custom ground cams you will get really close with the downloaded tune.

Will it go faster with auto tune/vtune/ cam open session. YES!  If you ride the bike before and after auto tune can you tell?

MAYBE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newseultra07:

--- Quote from: IA17RGU on March 14, 2020, 11:42:21 AM ---Ahh. Just for reference. I tune bikes. Lover vision and tts and both Harley tuners.

Fact. You can tune a bike on a dyno

Fact you can tune a bike with a laptop.

The dyno takes less time cuz you don’t have to go anywhere

Fact. My shop will charge you the same amount of money.

Make your own choice.

Fact. Tts said unless you are drag racing and have some custom ground cams you will get really close with the downloaded tune.

Will it go faster with auto tune/vtune/ cam open session. YES!  If you ride the bike before and after auto tune can you tell?

MAYBE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

If I could find a close map for cam I’m using I would just do that. But so far can’t find one. I’m going with a Maxcell 821h cam and it has a .475 lift

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version