CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Headers

(1/1)

Gkup:
I was in my local Harley Store the other day and asked them about headers on a new Harley. I had heard that after Harley settled their lawsuit with the EPA that they would void the warranty on any bike that had the catalytic converter removed. My local shop said that this used to be true but now if you use a “ Harley” approved header and a Harley Tuner the warranty is still good.  Anyone else ever hear this. I like the sound and performance of headers verses just putting slipons on

OBB:

--- Quote from: Gkup on March 15, 2020, 08:11:33 AM ---I was in my local Harley Store the other day and asked them about headers on a new Harley. I had heard that after Harley settled their lawsuit with the EPA that they would void the warranty on any bike that had the catalytic converter removed. My local shop said that this used to be true but now if you use a “ Harley” approved header and a Harley Tuner the warranty is still good.  Anyone else ever hear this. I like the sound and performance of headers verses just putting slipons on

--- End quote ---
HD has a performance exhaust that moves the cats into the mufflers instead of the headers. Using that setup along with the HD tuner, you're good with the warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version