Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Bag Locks - 2018 CVO Limited  (Read 4406 times)

sethjamto

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

Bag Locks - 2018 CVO Limited
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:15:58 PM »

My left side saddlebag lock will not lock with the key fob when the lid is closed (right side and Tour Pak lock normally).  I can open the lid and press the lock button on the fob and it locks fine, just not when closed.  What do I have to adjust on to fix this?
2018 CVO Limited - Dark Earth Fade - FM Jackpot - Rinehart MotoPro 45 - PV - Woods 22X - 114hp / 130tq

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Bag Locks - 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

My left side saddlebag lock will not lock with the key fob when the lid is closed (right side and Tour Pak lock normally).  I can open the lid and press the lock button on the fob and it locks fine, just not when closed.  What do I have to adjust on to fix this?

I had the same issues on my left bag, dealer replaced actuator under warranty.
A month late my other bag doing the same, replaced under warranty.
This was on a 2017. Got tired of all the issues and traded for a 2019. So far, no warranty issues (other than the “normal” oil transfer from transmission to primary). Also fixed under warranty.
Hopefully all will be fixed under the 2 year warranty.
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

sethjamto

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »

I thought I heard that an adjustment can be made to it so it works.  If the bag is open and I lock it, the lid lever to open the bag will not move, meaning its in the locked position.  But with the lid closed and I lock it, it will not lock. 
2018 CVO Limited - Dark Earth Fade - FM Jackpot - Rinehart MotoPro 45 - PV - Woods 22X - 114hp / 130tq

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »

If you do find there is an adjustment, please let us know.
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 01:53:20 PM »

Check to make sure nothing is preventing the lid from closing properly. Might be part of the seal getting in The way.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »

Lube the lock cylinder and inspect the back of it where the cable attaches to the cylinder.   Use some light oil.  Like Air tool oil.    Make sure the latch slides don't have anything in them and lube them as well.   Other than that the only other thing might be a weak or failing actuator.

You can refer to this thread for some pics so you have a better idea what's going on...
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=116301.msg1471744#msg1471744

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »

Try hitting the lock button twice with a short delay in between each press of the button.  If the bag locks that way, it might indicate an actuator that requires more current and voltage than normal to fully cycle, or it may indicate you aren't getting full current and voltage to that actuator due to poor connections.  Or disconnect the other actuators so the one you're having a problem with is the only one drawing current, see if that makes any difference.

I agree with Phreakyz, start by closely inspecting, cleaning, and lubricating all the moving parts.  See if there is any binding when you lock the bag manually compared to the other bag and TP.  A failing actuator can cause the problem, but before replacing parts make sure it isn't just a simple binding problem with that one lock.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sethjamto

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »

Nothing is blocking it (lid is closing all the way) and pressing the lock button multiple times does not lock it.  It is smooth as silk when the lid is open, but just does not do it when the lid is closed.  Lube did not help.

jsub

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »

There's a notch under the lid hinge where the cable for the keylock passes through. Problem was the clearance was off a bit. A couple of hits with a dremel tool solved it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

paulblk

• CVO1: CVO ultra limited anniversary 74/1200
    • CVO2: flstfiA2003
    • CVO3: Sportster 1200 custom CA
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 08:37:13 AM »

Hi I own CVO ultra limited anniversary 2018 the central looking switch on bike doesn’t work only the key fob will lock the bike it’s been in to dealership they have checked switch,wiring,fuses,relays,and can’t find a definite fault has anyone had similar issues
248/999

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »

My 18 CVO RG at dealer now for the some thing.Never have worked I'll had it for almost 2 yrs so get it did under factory warranty

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 09:38:35 PM »

I noticed on my 2020 CVO Limited that the remote fob wasn't locking the left bag, though when I did lock it with the key in the lock, it would remotely unlock no problem. If I apply quite a bit of pressure on the top lid, then it locks fine. I looked inside the latch where the cam moves to lock and unlock, and it moves freely. But when the lid isn't being pressed down, it doesn't remotely lock. It's like the sliding latch is weak when it's under electric power. Weak actuator or maybe it will break in?  :nixweiss:

paulblk

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »

Update been till now to fix in dealership the problem was inside the clocks replaced with new clocks and now the lock and unlock switch works on dashboard under warranty 👍
248/999

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 09:40:02 PM »

Update been till now to fix in dealership the problem was inside the clocks replaced with new clocks and now the lock and unlock switch works on dashboard under warranty 👍

I've been following this as occasionaly my left big does this. What do you mean by "CLOCKS"?

paulblk

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 04:12:29 PM »

The lock and unlock switches on dashboard sends signals through the clocks (speedometer and revcounter cluster) which my dealership replaced and all works fine again and under warranty so no £ 😀👍
248/999

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »

Okay I have recently had an issue with the left side bag not locking. I'm not saying this is the issue, or the only issue but I'll share what I found.

I tried it a couple of time last night and it would not lock when closed or when open. As mentioned above when I hit the button twice it would lock!

Then I tried locking it with the key and much to my surprise the key lock would just spin and spin either direction. I looked at the right side bag, it locked perfectly with the fob and with the key. What I immediately noticed is a large gap between the keeper clip, C Clip and the inner part that turns. It was so loose that it did not hit the catch when turned. I did not see an issue that I could acually correct so I decided to put an O-Ring under the c-clip to fill the gap and keep things in place. Amazingly it started working properly! I strongly believe at least in my case that the actual manual lock was the problem. My only guess is that it had the cable in a position that was preventing it from locking at least on the first or single push of the button. I'll try and remember to get a picture of what I did with the o-ring.

My regular warrany has expired but I have ESP so will get the dealership to look at it and get it fixed right when I can. Thanks to all for the information shared.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.