Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your Opinion Please  (Read 1322 times)

CVO_BAGR

• '00 FLTRSEI_'04 FLHTCSE_'09 FLTRSE3_CHRIS BOYETTE
    • NC

• CVO1: FLTRSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: FLTRSE3
    • Facebook
Your Opinion Please
« on: April 24, 2006, 10:58:26 PM »

I am thinking about replacing my OEM H-D "Detonator" wheels on my FLHTCSE. The ones that are one it now are fixing to be replaced under warranty for peeling chrome and I am thinking about putting some 18" PM wheels on the bike instead and having the replacement Detonators given to me over the counter new in the box so I can sell them to someone who is looking to fix up a regular dresser. Do ya'll think that anyone would give me a decent price for the new replacements along with the rotors....say 30% to 35% off retail ? If so, maybe I'll post something in the classified section....I did not see any on E-Bay for a reference to going prices..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:00:36 PM by 103BAGR »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Your Opinion Please
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:54:49 AM »

18" rims look awesome on baggers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

I would think that on Ebay you could get close to retail for the rims being that will be new in the box. You might set a reserve at about 35% off retail and see what happens. It may take you a time or two listing them but they'll sell.
Good luck!

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:58:48 AM »

I'd agree , sell on ebay with enough reserve to cover and enjoy the new ones
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:10:46 AM »

Definately give EBAY a shot.I've always had good luck with selling my extra chit for what I wanted to get for it. High on my priority list are 18" wheels on my SERK. As Jim said they look awesome [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:23:24 AM »

Seems like Purple wheels will be a hard sell   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:26:27 AM »

What do you do? Chase me around and bust em on me. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]Purple SERKs Rule.The king is dead!
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.