Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tire Shine  (Read 3239 times)

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tire Shine
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 08:08:07 AM »

I watched a guy dress his tires (crotch rocket) pull out of the dealership try to turn at the redlight & slid thru the intersection.He didnt get hurt but I sure had a good laugh due to his ignorance!
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »

I use lacquer thinner.  Fold a shop towel in quarters, flip it occasionally.  Makes your whitewalls 'bright white'

Laquer thinner will attack the compounds in your tire causing it to dry out and crack, wouldn't recommend it. There are safer products that will still make them bright white.

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 11:24:18 AM »

I used SOS pads worked the best of anything,I have had 5 bikes with white waLLS. Tried other things but sos pads worked the best.
      Older Guy
We had the same two bikes and used the same cleaner. :2vrolijk_21: I bought a small wire brush and used it on the white wall and it really did the number on the hard to remove stains. Rinse very well and polish with S-100. Don't forget to polish every spoke individually. ;D
:) Absolutely agree with SOS and wire brushes, but, my aim ain't what it used to be and the Magic Sponges don't hurt the wheels or paint when I slip.  :o

RK2K

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »

Laquer thinner will attack the compounds in your tire causing it to dry out and crack, wouldn't recommend it. There are safer products that will still make them bright white.

I have went through 2 sets of tires, neither showed signs of cracking, or excessive drying from using lacquer thinner.
Kuryakyn Crusher Duals
CFR Slipons
TTI Mastertune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »

I used this all the time on my 2000 RK classic white walls.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2420273

Some say it is bad for the wheels...never had any problems.  I always washed the white walls clean with the Westley's and then the rims with S100.

A stand will be your best friend for cleaning the WW's.

SOS pads work good too.

X2  :2vrolijk_21:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »

Eagle One A - Z wheel and tire cleaner will do a better job than any of the ideas above, and over the years I have tried every suggestion listed in this link at one time or another. A -Z when used aggressively is just a great product, the brown dirty crap will just run out of the whitewalls in a few seconds after you soak them, take a medium bristle brush to the them after letting them soak about a minute and then rinse. Very good product. But I will say a lot of good suggestions in this link, except the lacquer thinner one, thinner WILL detoriate the tire or anything else rubber if enough is used, and is very bad for the paint in the area if you are not awfully careful.
IMHO
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.