Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: More Speedo Woes  (Read 12820 times)

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: More Speedo Woes
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »

glad to here it's ok now, when people route the wires thy have to think about viberation.  happy motoring
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 10:47:55 PM »

Axil,

Agreed.  Cash indicated that he'd done pretty much what I did with no problem, plus there was a wire tie that plugged into the frame on the rail close to the sensor itself to snug things up plus the one attached where the original was - in front of the battery, so I think I have it covered.  But thanks for the reminder.

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:18 AM »

Hey Blue, your thread here cast bad juju on my red SEEG.  I got about 10 miles out from the hotel in York, PA on the way home yesterday and the speedo needle danced back and forth between 0 and 70-ish a few times then died completely.  Never to awaken again.  Had the tach.  Had the GPS with its own speed display on the handlebar.  So really didn't give a rat's ass.  But it would've been nice to have cruise control for the 1150+ miles on home.  Geez I'm a wimp...  :huepfenlol2:

Oh well.  Will replace it this week.  Just means the odometer is short by that many more miles.  The instrument itself was replaced under warranty when the bike had about 12K on it.  The replacement came in at 0 miles rather than actual.  Now another 1000 or so short here.  Many more part failure and the red bike will be a reconstituted virgin all over again.

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 08:14:39 AM »

Twolanerider,

Sorry for the slow response.  Started a new job and haven't been getting to my normal fun stuff much.  Sorry to hear about your SEEG's speedo doing the hoky poky...I'm with you..not having the speedo is not as bad as losing the cruise, blinker canx, etc..  Hope you were able to get er' taken care of. em Sounds like you've had more than your share of electrical glemlins...  I feel pretty lucky.  Haven't had too many problems and am at 36k.

Ride safe,

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »

On our way home from our little trip, Jamey's bike lost speedo, odometer, brake lights.  Replaced two or three fuses (why they all go at once is a mystery) and all working right again.

At least for now.  No Bad JuJu please.   :-*
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 22 queries.