Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

Parts?

(1/3) > >>

neanderpaul:
Specifically, I gotta get a new tank :)

Anyone know a good source for FXR3 parts?

mfgreen:

--- Quote ---Specifically, I gotta get a new tank :)

Anyone know a good source for FXR3 parts?

--- End quote ---
paul,
a set of factory tins for the fxr3 is about $2300 plus tax and labor.
If you get them at 20% that comes to $1840 if you can install them yourself and no tax for ordering on the net.  If you find one of those 30% off sales I think you are looking at a pristine bike.  Sell the tins you have minus the tank for about 8-900.

neanderpaul:
Well...

I figure my insurance claim will replace what I have damaged. And the tank needs to be banged out and re-painted. Maybe I can get that replaced :)

$2300 is a lot of cash for tin....I guess it really is "custom".

mfgreen:

--- Quote ---Well...

I figure my insurance claim will replace what I have damaged. And the tank needs to be banged out and re-painted. Maybe I can get that replaced :)

$2300 is a lot of cash for tin....I guess it really is "custom".

--- End quote ---
neanderpaul,

my point was this that with your deductible being what it is, that you can maximize your check from the ins. company.

The tank will cost a grand or so and is something that you are able to remove and replace.  With the other parts and some coaching you can do the rest of the parts.  You can do the labor and have new parts complete for your bike with a good discount from one of many dealers out there.  Spend your dollars wisely.

Mike

neanderpaul:
My deductible is $500.

I figured I can just pay that and have them go over the whole bike to make sure it's "safe".

I've already figured parts in to be around a G...and I'm actually a pretty skilled mechanic. Old man owned shops...I've got experience. BUT....

For the price of the deductible, why not have the Harley guys do all the work? The only problem is...Every bike I saw on the road today was a swift kick in the groin.

I'd have to wait on their timetable to get it finished. Which I'm told is about a week...week and a half...which really means 6-7 weeks :)

I'm hopeful it will be up and ready by 5/1 but highly doubt it. I have a custom paint guy (shameless plug) at Krazy Kustoms who's willing to do my paint for me. But I want it bone stock. I don't want to change out anything

The reason I bought the FXR3 is that it's a beautiful bike and didn't "need" anything done.

I did my aftermarket cusomization myself...but the guardrail wasn't quite the artist I thought he'd be :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version