Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom Sat Nav 1.22  (Read 871 times)

vinver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 Limited (Silver/Maroon)
Boom Sat Nav 1.22
« on: April 01, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »

Hello

I appear to have an intermittent problem with audio turn by turn instructions from the sat nat section on my boom unit. I am running 1.22.0.1 which I believe is the latest version. Sometime the unit works fine and then other times it works but without audio. If I switch the bike off and then switch it back it sometimes seems to work again. I have done a factory reset but that has not helped. Any suggestions. By the way the audio works fine with Music, CB and intercom. I only have the problem with the navigation.

Thank you.
Regards,
Vincent

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
Re: Boom Sat Nav 1.22
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »

When someone describes their sound problem as intermittent, my mind immediately goes to the sound being interrupted by wind noise (via the intercom), CB, or weather alert. Each of these have their own on/off setting and volume control (as does the Navigation Prompts) and if they are on with the volume turned-down, it creates an "dead sound" interruption. Another possibility is you are inadvertently muting or turning the volume down on the Navigation Prompts.

If the Navigation Prompt option is switching on/off with no user interaction, then you have probably uncovered a bug in the release. To my knowledge, that problem does not exist in the US version, but I seem to recall it being a problem in a previous release.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

vinver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 Limited (Silver/Maroon)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:06:53 AM »

Thank you

I didn’t mean to confuse the issue. In this instance intermittent refers to sometimes when I switch the bike on the navigation audio does not work. Without doing anything other than switching the ignition off and waiting for a minute it may resolve itself.
Regards,
Vincent

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:03:52 AM »

Yes, I have the same problem with audio guidance locking up at times.  I'm in the US and this happens every now and then.  Only turning the bike off for 5-10 seems to reset the issue. 

I've seen another strange problem with this latest release.  While driving along, certain areas of the map start to disappear.  This has only happened twice since I've done the update and fortunately, never in an area where I was unfamiliar.   Next time driving through the same area was no problem, so it's not a position related issue.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.