CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

Bushtec Maintenance

(1/3) > >>

charles05663:
I picked up a Bushtec last year and it has been sitting in the garage as I did not have much of a chance to ride last year.  It had been sitting for 10 years prior to me picking it up.

My question is, what type of maintenance should I plan on doing before I put it into use?  Once it is off and running, what should I do to keep it maintained?

I will also be looking for a hitch for my 2009 SERG.

The trailer is blue (I heard blue was the fastest) so I worried that it will be too fast for my Yellow SERG.

:oops: :nixweiss:

JCZ:
What year is your trailer?

Look at the wheel bearings and the tires before putting a load in it. 

Chains:
JC is right you also need to lube all the sliding chassis components. I lube them with super lube and pump the shocks up and down several times to make sure that everything is moving as it should.  Grease the fittings on the swivel and heim joint too. Make sure you carry spare bearings with you on your trips and a tube for the just in case situations.

Yellow09SERG:
My recommendation on a hitch would be the Bushtec V3. V3 is built for the 09 SERG and is a hidden hitch with removable reciever. Takes about an hour to hour and a half to install.

charles05663:
I recently ordered new tires and tubes and had a tire shop mount the tires.  I asked about balancing and they said the don't have the tools to do that.

I called the local Harley dealer and he did not know what a Bushtec was and told me that they really only stick to Harley tires.  He said I can bring them down but I am not confident.

How is everyone balancing their tires?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version