CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

Bushtec Tires

(1/3) > >>

DCFIREMANN:
Well after the trip to Alaska my Bushtec is in need of tires. I have been looking BUT can't find any 6 ply that came stock on the trailer. Bushtec wants 69.00 per tire plus shipping. I'm not ready to pay that for a 3.00-16 tire. The shipping is the deal killer.  I have looked on line and have found several 4 ply tires with a DOT rating. Just wondering what everyone else has done.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Jbbrown73:
You could always come to Maggie Valley and run over to the factory and pick some up!

grandpadoc:
There are plenty of dual sport tires out there that will do the trick. I usually send in my rims and have Bustec install tires, bearings, and balance just for peace of mind.

ultrafxr:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on August 16, 2016, 09:14:24 AM ---Well after the trip to Alaska my Bushtec is in need of tires. I have been looking BUT can't find any 6 ply that came stock on the trailer. Bushtec wants 69.00 per tire plus shipping. I'm not ready to pay that for a 3.00-16 tire. The shipping is the deal killer.  I have looked on line and have found several 4 ply tires with a DOT rating. Just wondering what everyone else has done.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---

DAWG there are no 6-ply tires in the correct size available.  Like you I've looked multiple times and learned that Bushtec sources these exclusively for themselves and their requirements.  A couple years ago I needed new tires but Bushtec was out of stock and advised that their annual requirements are quite small in the grand scheme of things and this was causing them some difficulty in procurement.  They did get that resolved and I shipped my wheels to them for new tires and wheel bearings (a couple times actually over 17 years of owning two trailers).  I think this is the best option in the long run as more than one indy tire dealer has told be the Bushtec tires are a b**ch to change, and the wheel bearings are not the most common ID size available.

Or like was said you could go to the factory on way to/from Maggie Valley.  Just my $.02.  Hope this helps.

ultrafxr:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on August 16, 2016, 09:14:24 AM ---Well after the trip to Alaska my Bushtec is in need of tires. I have been looking BUT can't find any 6 ply that came stock on the trailer. Bushtec wants 69.00 per tire plus shipping. I'm not ready to pay that for a 3.00-16 tire. The shipping is the deal killer. I have looked on line and have found several 4 ply tires with a DOT rating. Just wondering what everyone else has done.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---
I was able to get some boxes that custom wheels came in from my local moco dealer.  Packed my Bushtec wheels (with tires installed) and taped the boxes together and shipped via UPS.  Don't recall the actual charge but I don't think it was horiffic.  BTW I've found FedEx ground to be cheaper than UPS or even USPS on larger heaving items sometimes.   :2vrolijk_21:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version