CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

Bushtec Tires

<< < (3/3)

ultrafxr:
Just my opinion but compared to the very, very high cost of motorcycle tires and their relative short life span I don't consider the Bushtec tire to be all that pricey.  I've pulled my trailers many thousands of miles with absolutely no problem from tires or wheel bearings and have changed them well before their full useful life was over just because I like to be proactive.   :2vrolijk_21: 

DCFIREMANN:
Well I went ahead and bought a set straight tread 4 ply tires and mounted them. I already made a trip to Milwaukee for the rally with them. I felt no real difference in the tires. But I had just under 13K on my factory Bushtec tires. They wore very badly in the center on my way home from Alaska. No they were not over inflated. So I will watch these and see how many miles I get out of them. I paid 32.00 per tire with free shipping so if they only last 6K I'm money ahead. Now I need to get the trailer painted to match the bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

JCZ:

--- Quote from: ultrafxr on August 18, 2016, 10:24:57 PM ---Just my opinion but compared to the very, very high cost of motorcycle tires and their relative short life span I don't consider the Bushtec tire to be all that pricey.  I've pulled my trailers many thousands of miles with absolutely no problem from tires or wheel bearings and have changed them well before their full useful life was over just because I like to be proactive.   :2vrolijk_21:

--- End quote ---

That's been my experience as well.   I can only wish I got as good of service/mileage out of my motorcycle tires!   :2vrolijk_21:

grandpadoc:
They wear very quickly when out of balance. The last set threw the weights and I had to overnight some tires on a trip. Now I use Ride-On TPS Motorcycle Formula and all is well. It would be nice if Bushtec would use standard motorcycle tires that are easily obtainable. I have used dualsport tires on my older Bushtec and had good service out of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version