Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ethenol......good for the country?    (Read 3474 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Ethenol......good for the country?  
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 05:57:56 PM »

Bottom Line - Brazil became independent of oil why can't we?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I know there are a number of reasons...politics, economy, employment, etc, etc...

However, there must be some level of sacrifices if you are to make progress.  As with any decision, freedoms come with cost.

One man's opinion.

AND an excellent opinion at that Jock.

Hey you're good with this IT chit, maybe you could start a website to promote E-85. V-girl is a professional IT weenie, (um, er, ahh - - - maybe a bad choice of words), You might enlist her help and all of us this site could do mass e-mailings etc. (spam?)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »

AND an excellent opinion at that Jock.

Hey you're good with this IT chit, maybe you could start a website to promote E-85.

If you are referring to me with regard to "IT", far from it.

At this point, it is simply a dream but one worth having and pursuing.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 08:20:10 PM »

[highlight]If you are referring to me with regard to "IT", far from it.[/highlight]

Well you're a damn site better than I am that's for sure. I followed your links to your website and stuff, chit I can't even attach a digital pic to a post.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »

Ethenol ain't gonna' cut it.  Just somethin' else for the tree-huggers to flap their jaws about, so the liberal media can continue to blather out their gloom and doom bull chit about holes in the Ozone, and global warming.  Blah, Blah, Blah!  Anybody that believes any of that chit, believes we came from apes, and apes, and every other living thing came from two meteors, or planets, or something colliding, and causing a big bang!  There are some highly intelligent members on this Site.  While I may not be one of them, I do have the presence of mind to research certain subjects that I do not fully understand, that are of interest to me.  Research temperatures recorded 200 years ago, and compare them to current temperatures.  You will not only be informed, you will be informed with the facts.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD            
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:57:46 AM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:53 PM »

Hubbard
            The only reason I give a chit about E-85 is to have cheap go fast juice for my rides. Call me selfish, but that's the whole story

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »

Hubbard
            The only reason I give a chit about E-85 is to have cheap go fast juice for my rides. Call me selfish, but that's the whole story
Hey Spiderman, you get yourself a good 'still' and you can brew your own 'alcohol-gas'....lotta trouble to do, but it's do-able.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:54 PM »

Ethenol ain't gonna' cut it.  Just somethin' else for the tree-huggers to flap their jaws about, so the liberal media can continue to blather out their gloom and doom bull chit about holes in the Ozone, and global warming.  Blah, Blah, Blah!  Anybody that believes any of that chit, believes we came from apes, and apes, and every other living thing came from two meteors, or planets, or something colliding, and causing a big bang!  There are some highly intelligent members on this Site.  While I may not be one of them, I do have the presence of mind to research certain subjects that I do not fully understand, that are of interest to me.  Research temperatures recorded 200 years ago, and compare them to current temperatures.  You will be not only be informed, you will be informed with the facts.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD            
My theory is that all the global-warming is coming from those 'big-motors'.  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »

Interesting take on the potential for ethenol to help with our fuel crisis/dependence on the tube last night.  I forget which program, but it basically stated that if we were to produce enough corn to make enough ethenol to meet our vehicle use as it presently is in this country, then 97 per cent of all of our country land would have to be planted in corn.  Bottom line is that the ethenol approach is probably not gonna make a good dent in out need for motor fuel even as everyone gears up for it......another good case of a steller lobbying effort by Archer Daniels Corp. who probably has the most to gain from this effort???  :-/  spyder

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 08:21:46 PM »

Interesting take on the potential for ethenol to help with our fuel crisis/dependence on the tube last night.  I forget which program, but it basically stated that if we were to produce enough corn to make enough ethenol to meet our vehicle use as it presently is in this country, then 97 per cent of all of our country land would have to be planted in corn.  Bottom line is that the ethenol approach is probably not gonna make a good dent in out need for motor fuel even as everyone gears up for it......another good case of a steller lobbying effort by Archer Daniels Corp. who probably has the most to gain from this effort???  :-/  spyder

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
  Like I said, it ain't gonna' cut it.  COAL is the answer.  Most abundant.  Most economical to convert to energy.  Hell, Hitler converted it to fuel.  Now, where is that formula?  I'd bet Algore has it!  BTW, I'm of the opinion Spotted Owl tastes like Chicken!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »

Yeah, Hub, we could all go to school on that lesson.  You need to quit hanging out at those race tracks and working all the time.....hit the road some, dog.  Let ole Maudie roll up some miles.  Har!  ;D spyder  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.