Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Texas Speed Limit to crank to 80  (Read 3091 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Texas Speed Limit to crank to 80
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 09:48:52 PM »

Well I didn't stray this thread into politics, but since it is already - - - - - - There can be better choices if you want there to be. Whatever your political persuasion, you can get involved via the primary process and try to ensure that the best candidate in your party gets the nomination. Right now, the Republican establismnet is looking to back McCain, but the best man IMO on that side of the aisle is Rudy Guilliani. As you say, it looks like the Dems are going to get behind Hillary, but the best person on that side of the aisle could well be a relative new comer. I think the Dems are looking for someone other than Hillary to come to the front. Again, vote in the primary and have an impact. Whomever you support, I would ask that you consider what it takes to manage the country and not elect someone for some symbolic value or because you are mad at someone. In my lifetime, we have had two Presidents (One Dem, One Repub) who were elected for their moral values. Both proved to be incredibly inept at the Business of running our country. Jimmy Carter while a great man put the country into recession and George W Bush (whom out of respect for the office I will not comment on) has led us into bankruptcy and created a new order in America where there is no middle class. If you love this country as much as I do, you have to vote for what is best for the country and not someone who shares your faith. We have some great religious leaders in this country and we should all look to them for spiritual guidance. We need a President who can run the business side of the country. Personally, as much as I tend to think Dem on social issues, on the business side I believe Rudy Guilliani is that man. So, even though I do not agree with the Rupubs on some things I will vote for what I think will best serve my country. I believe I accepted that responsibility a long time ago when as I child I pledged my " Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America "  When my mom took me to church I said my prayers and expressed my faith in God. We all need to understand the difference.  

I respect Rudy, and commend him for stepping up to the plate, during 9/11.  My opinion is, he is not Presidential material.  He was a U.S. Attorney, and Mayor of New York.  How does that make him a business man?  His salary was paid from tax collections.  I'd bet he has never had to "trim the fat", when times got tough, or didn't take his own salary from time to time, so payroll could be met.  Anyway, that's what we need in the White House.  Another lawyer.  As for John McCain, he fought for our Freedom, so I owe him respect, and a Thank You, Senator McCain.  But for President?  GOP needs to give me some more options.  Always heard the Democrat was for the "Working Man."  Fact is, a "Working Man", ain't never gave me a job.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD  

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 10:40:18 PM »

While Guilliani did things right during his time in NY, he's pretty strongly anti-gun, so since I strongly believe in the 2nd, I can't even think about voting for him.  But I also believe that the presidency has gotten to so "political" that NOBODY can do what needs to be done to get the country back on track.  No one can begin to do much good, while at the same time not much can be done to truly hurt where we're headed.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »

Some good comments on this so far. Hoping some more people chime in (where is Twolane anyway ? ) I have my opinion, you have yours. All I'm asking everyone to do is find the person they believe can get the country back on track and support them.  But please do it because you believe in that person, not because you dislike the other one. IMO that's how we got into the mess we're in currently. One thing I've learned in my travels around the country on my motorcycle is that we are a nation of vastly different ideals and attitudes. Beags and I are best friends, but we are miles apart on some issues. Still, I respect his opinion and listen to his views as he does mine. That's something we need to practice more of. The past 8 years have been a divisive time for our country with polarized attitudes on many issues. We have to get beyond the symbolism and focus on the true issues of the day. Conservative is not a dirty word. Liberal is not a dirty word. They are words to describe a person's way of looking at things, not insults to be hurled at someone we disagree with. I get extemely frustrated with people who tag anyone with a dismissive label. I consider it to be an insult to my intelligence and ability to decide for myself how I feel about a particular person.
    At the end of the day hopefully we will have learned something from the current administration. In my mind that lesson would be that no political party has the right to rule with total disregard to the opposition party. Just because one group or the other has a one vote majority and can pass legislation does not mean that legislation is good for all Americans. We truly need leaders who can see the best of everyone's ideas and focus on what is right for the country and not what is politically expedient to that person's interests and agenda only. That's the type of leader I'll be looking for in the next election and what I hope all of you will as well.

PS Hubbard. I believe if you look back at Guilliani's record as mayor of New York, he pulled the city from the brink of bankruptcy to solvency.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:22:19 PM by SPIDERMAN »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 04:57:04 PM »

Jerry,
    I agree.....It sucks with elections....Why do we always have to choose between the lesser of two assholes?????  JMFHO

_Beagle
I agree totally w/ Jerry too.  Well said!  But if you lived in Texas, not only would you be able to legally drive 80mph, but you'd have a real choice for someone with different thinking in the way of Kinky Friedman for Govenor this go around.  har! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »

After Ann Richards, George Bush, Rick Perry, well...Kinky is looking pretty damn good!!

Oh, by the way, we are lobbying to make the 90MPH zone between San Antone and Corpus legal!!

Ride on
Ken

Hawgwash

• Junior CVO Member
  • Wife called it male menopause ... Whatever.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 12:39:46 AM »

After Ann Richards, George Bush, Rick Perry, well...Kinky is looking pretty damn good!!

Oh, by the way, we are lobbying to make the 90MPH zone between San Antone and Corpus legal!!

Ride on
Ken

That's something I'd feel good about voting for! ;)
06 SEUC, SE 2:1 Pipes, SEAC, SERT

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »

Thats still 10mph under what I already ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »

I'll bet its more fun when its against the law!  Like the autobahn used to be, not exciting when it was allowed.... [smiley=policeman.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »

Some good comments on this so far. Hoping some more people chime in (where is Twolane anyway ? ) I have my opinion, you have yours. All I'm asking everyone to do is find the person they believe can get the country back on track and support them.  But please do it because you believe in that person, not because you dislike the other one. IMO that's how we got into the mess we're in currently. One thing I've learned in my travels around the country on my motorcycle is that we are a nation of vastly different ideals and attitudes. Beags and I are best friends, but we are miles apart on some issues. Still, I respect his opinion and listen to his views as he does mine. That's something we need to practice more of. The past 8 years have been a divisive time for our country with polarized attitudes on many issues. We have to get beyond the symbolism and focus on the true issues of the day. Conservative is not a dirty word. Liberal is not a dirty word. They are words to describe a person's way of looking at things, not insults to be hurled at someone we disagree with. I get extemely frustrated with people who tag anyone with a dismissive label. I consider it to be an insult to my intelligence and ability to decide for myself how I feel about a particular person.
    At the end of the day hopefully we will have learned something from the current administration. In my mind that lesson would be that no political party has the right to rule with total disregard to the opposition party. Just because one group or the other has a one vote majority and can pass legislation does not mean that legislation is good for all Americans. We truly need leaders who can see the best of everyone's ideas and focus on what is right for the country and not what is politically expedient to that person's interests and agenda only. That's the type of leader I'll be looking for in the next election and what I hope all of you will as well.

[highlight]PS Hubbard. I believe if you look back at Guilliani's record as mayor of New York, he pulled the city from the brink of bankruptcy to solvency.
[/highlight]

And how did he do that?  Tax money, and Tax money.  His budget was centered around the tax base.  The taxpayers of NYC should have called the mismanagers to account, when the City's expenses exceeded its income.  Instead, they just rolled over, bitched and moaned a little, and let the powers that be convince them they had to raise their taxes for the City to stay in the black.  Hell, anybody could do that.  That don't make him Warren Buffett.  He's a tax collector.  Hardly qualifies him for Commander in Chief, IMO.  Later--HUBBARD        
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 09:11:13 PM »

[/highlight]

And how did he do that?  Tax money, and Tax money.  His budget was centered around the tax base.  The taxpayers of NYC should have called the mismanagers to account, when the City's expenses exceeded its income.  Instead, they just rolled over, bitched and moaned a little, and let the powers that be convince them they had to raise their taxes for the City to stay in the black.  Hell, anybody could do that.  That don't make him Warren Buffett.  He's a tax collector.  Hardly qualifies him for Commander in Chief, IMO.  Later--HUBBARD        
well, that's it for Rudy.  [smiley=hanged.gif] har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.