Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley Dealership Owner Killed on Motorcyle  (Read 2902 times)

jvc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Harley Dealership Owner Killed on Motorcyle
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:38:42 AM »

Cornelius Martin owner of Bowling Green Harley & Louisville Harley killed in a horrible motorcycle accident. Drunk crossed center line & hit them head on. No time to react. Great husband, father & businessman. This world will miss Cornelius.

To many drunks & crack whores on the road. Don't know that I'll ever ride again.

Please be safe

jvc

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Harley Dealership Owner Killed on Motorcyle
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 01:35:37 AM »

Sorry to hear of the loss, our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.  He sounds like a great guy.  

There have been too many of these lately.  Good weather and more bikes on the road accounts for the increase, idiot drivers account for the losses in most cases.

Welcome to the site by the way, sorry your first post had to be this one.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 01:35:54 AM by Rjob749 »

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:25:25 AM »

Man, that hits hard. I can understand why you'd say "don't know if ... again", but you gotta' thank God that it wasn't you. It is a wake-up for us all. Every time I see, or hear of a bad M/C accident, I get the same reaction. I think it's quite normal too. Hell, I even get upset if I get an e-mail with some picture of a rice rocket all twisted. It makes me think too. I know that it is a dangerous thing, and even if we take every precaution, we can still be a victim. The innocent have no protection with this one, and the best thing I can do is to get back on my M/C, and be cautous. BUT, I can then still enjoy myself, 'cause we all gotta' go sometime. I don't mean to sound cold, in fact, I lost a very close friend many years ago. I still see his kid here and there (he's 28 now), and feel bad because his dad never got to watch that boy grow up. He was killed in almost the exact same manner a little over 21 years ago, so his kid (I think) was 7. I'll say a prayed for them; hold my wife real close, and tell her I love her; say a prayer for all of us comming from all the corners of this great country to enjoy a few days in God's beautiful creation.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

seuceg

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 03:41:07 AM »

Cornelius Martin owner of Bowling Green Harley & Louisville Harley killed in a horrible motorcycle accident. Drunk crossed center line & hit them head on. No time to react. Great husband, father & businessman. This world will miss Cornelius.

To many drunks & crack whores on the road. Don't know that I'll ever ride again.

Please be safe

jvc

This is sad indeed. I did not know Cornelius, but I know a few Owners of Dealership and what kind of men they are, the motorcycle world has lost a spearhead. There are many men with dealerships that do not ride, merely in it for the money. Your man was a rider, possibley a biker.
For me when I read or know upclose and personal of a bro killed on a bike or even injured for life...I asked myself, what was his choice when he heard of a death, or serious injury? It's clear what the answer is, so I ride.
Rusty
Riding did not make me the way I am. The way I am is why I ride!

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:21:40 AM »

Please be safe

jvc

jvc-

Sorry to hear of this tragedy...my thoughts/prayers also go out to the family and friends of this fallen rider.

Thinking of giving up riding is a natural reaction to events such as this...same can be said for incidences involving driving cars, flying, boating, work, etc.   Most of us know of someone who has been lost in a tragic riding accident yet we ourselves keep riding anyway.  One reason, I believe, is that we do this as our own special way to remember and honor those folks who have gone before us.  I know words are cheap at a time like this and it doesn't make sense as to why things like this happen.  It does serve as another reminder that we all need to be extra careful out there, no matter what the activity, as we are all vulnerable and life is short.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »

Here's a link to a article on this tragedy.. :-[
http://www.blackenterprise.com/exclusivesekopen.asp?id=1684

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »

jvc

JVC called it, here's a quote from the article posted by SEULTRA:

"According to reports in the Bowling Green Daily News, Martin and Brooks Mitchell, a banker, were killed and a third rider, Bill Leachman, was seriously injured, when a truck slammed into their motorcycles. A fourth friend in the group, Lloyd Ferguson, wasn’t injured.

The driver of the truck, Mickey L. Mosher, was charged with first-degree assault, two counts of second-degree manslaughter, [highlight]driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia[/highlight], the Daily News reported."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »

jvc,
Sorry to hear of this tragedy. My sympathies go out to you, family, and friends of this man. Having been in the emergency services profession for twenty-three years I have seen tragedies like this to many times. I understand your feelings about considering never riding again, but hopefully after some time passes you will realize that this man loved what he was doing and wouldn't want his untimely departure be the reason for you stopping what you both love. We take chances in life everyday, but we have to keep on going.

Yes our hobby/pastime/passion is dangerous but it's also something we love to do, and understand the risks. We try to be careful, cautious, and sometimes drive the vehicles of other drivers around us by anticipating their moves, and our counter moves.

I thank God everyday for all the blessings he has given me, and know he is with me in my journey through life. I have a reply to a common question that is asked when greeting someone after they have asked me "How are you doing?" I simple state, "I woke up alive, it's a good day." Just remember to be thankful and appreciate everyday we have on this earth and live it to it's fullest. Tell all those you care about as often as you can how much the mean to you, and you love them.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »

Here's a link to a article on this tragedy.. :-[
http://www.blackenterprise.com/exclusivesekopen.asp?id=1684

Man, that's sad.  I think of all the times I drove, back in the day, drunker than Cooter Brown, and how fortunate I am, that I never hurt anybody.  There was a lot less traffic back then, but still, I was lucky.  A Man has to be a pure idiot to drink and drive today.  Sad thing is, statistics say 2 out of every 10 vehicles you pass on the road, has an impaired Driver.  Be careful out there!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »

A very sad day indeed....  I am aquainted witha 15 yo and 11 yo who lost their father in a very similar manner about 2 yrs ago this month here.... their father loved his harley as they do also....  the  younger one begs me for a ride every time i roll up...and I always think about what they have lost.... which keeps me very alert.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who knew them.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:31:45 PM »

Very sad to here our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 10:51:12 PM »

Man, that's sad.  I think of all the times I drove, back in the day, drunker than Cooter Brown, and how fortunate I am, that I never hurt anybody.  There was a lot less traffic back then, but still, I was lucky.  A Man has to be a pure idiot to drink and drive today.  Sad thing is, statistics say 2 out of every 10 vehicles you pass on the road, has an impaired Driver.  Be careful out there!  Later--HUBBARD

2 out of 10 ! >:( If someone was trying to fix homeland security they just might want to fix those numbers ,because right now I don't feel too secure. I hate to hear about these terrible accidents . At least they died doing something they liked. At one time  I could have been that nitwitt driving the truck. I quit in 77 and replaced with work and motorcycles.I hope the survivors can find peace.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:48:40 AM »

What a damn shame! Needless and stupid accident, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.
"The driver of the truck, Mickey L. Mosher, was charged with first-degree assault, two counts of second-degree manslaughter, driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, the Daily News reported."

Mickey, I hope you have a huge and active cellmate!

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 11:39:22 AM »

Stories like this really put a knot in my shorts.......I agree with Joe,  I hope they put the a$$hole in with a guy named bubba.....

JVC,  sorry for the loss of your friend,  my thoughts and prayers are with you.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »

.......I agree with Joe,  I hope they put the a$$hole in with a guy named bubba.....

_Beagle

This may not work, she might like that. Read below....

The truck driver, 54-year-old Mickey Mosher of Warsaw, Indiana, is charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter in Saturday's crash. She's also charged with assault, driving under the influence, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.