Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Steeler's QB Crash  (Read 4381 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Steeler's QB Crash
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 09:31:59 PM »

I think she was a Cleveland Browns fan.  That out of the way, we don't want to see anyone hurt and it was unfortunate.  As Hd-dude stated, the media should help make people more aware of us and their surroundings.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 09:50:10 PM »

I agree with Hd-dude & Boatman but that doesn’t sell papers or air time. Unfortunately it seems to hurt us as a group instead.  It’s tough to raise awareness of people who are not interested. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »

Now the latest is he may not have been licensed...his learner's permit may have expired...if he had been only in possession of a LP, then he was required to be wearing a helmet in PA....etc.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »

Apparently when  you are a celebrity the rules are optional..and he was obviously invincible..right?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 12:02:21 PM »

Apparently when  you are a celebrity the rules are optional..and he was obviously invincible..right?

Don't know how much celebrity status has to do with a motorcycle certification on your license.  I know quite a few guys who have been riding for years who just "never got around to it."  Some were riding before the certification even came in to existence and really did just never go do it.  Some just don't want to screw with it.  Some know that the driving test with their stupid little cones is a pain in the ass on a big bike.  But, for whatever reason, it ain't all that uncommon  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 12:08:18 PM »

If he had a MC license in OH...would he have grandfathered in to a PA MC License?  As I understand it, those with less than 2 years experience must wear a lid in PA, therefore he was breaking the law by not wearing a lid.  Is that 2 years of PA riding experience.  I can't believe that since I would then have to wear a lid if I ride through the state.

When I moved from CT to MA 10 years ago, They gave me the MC endorsement without a test...

/Bill
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:09:24 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:32 PM »

Now the latest is [highlight]he may not have been licensed[/highlight]...his learner's permit may have expired...if he had been only in possession of a LP, then he was required to be wearing a helmet in PA....etc.

That would make him just like the Governator who assumed since he was German he didn't need one, an endorsement that is.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:36:38 PM by Rjob749 »

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »

His cycle permit expired in March.  That must mean he only had his tempts.  As far as I know, if you only have your tempts you are required to wear a helmet.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 02:18:02 PM »

Just saw the news on CNN ... showed videos of motorcycle crashes and commentary from doctors about the effects of crashes on the brain without helmets. Also showed a clip of a brain damaged guy who wasn't wearing a helmet ... didn't know his name. Then the female "newsperson" says "I get scared every time I see a person go by me on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet".
Oh boy, here we go... media hysteria/hype to rally the masses who don't ride to impose their values on those who do.

Just so everyone understands, I believe helmet use is a personal choice. I live in Colorado where there is no helmet law. Sometimes I wear one, sometimes I don't. I like having a choice.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »

Just saw the news on CNN ... showed videos of motorcycle crashes and commentary from doctors about the effects of crashes on the brain without helmets. Also showed a clip of a brain damaged guy who wasn't wearing a helmet ... didn't know his name. Then the female "newsperson" says [highlight]"I get scared every time I see a person go by me on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet".[/highlight]Oh boy, here we go... media hysteria/hype to rally the masses who don't ride to impose their values on those who do.

Just so everyone understands, I believe helmet use is a personal choice. I live in Colorado where there is no helmet law. Sometimes I wear one, sometimes I don't. I like having a choice.
Well, I get scared everytime I see a driver in a cage talking on a cell phone and following the person in front of them right on their bumper and usually speeding in the process.  aaaarrrgh!  [smiley=annoyed.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]

It absolutely sickens me that so little is said about the darn woman that pulled in front of him.  I cringe every time I pass a car waiting to turn left in front of me.  And they are the least of your problem, its the ones that turn with no warning.  In this case two and three at a time....

[smiley=oops.gif]  I know, quitcherbitchin...

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 07:17:44 PM »

Sooo....who is going to be the CNN spokesman for us?? These folks need to hear both sides. It has all been said in this thread.

I too, am "pro-choice". While I "don't leave home" without the cranium cap,
I will fight to the bitter end for all to have the choice. Big brother 'ain't got no business telling us what to wear, what to hear, what to say, or what pipes we put on our scoots!!!

Remember...power is in numbers!

Ken

BigR55

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »

Require helments for everyone who has more than $75.00 woth of stuff between their ears. The rest of us can be pro choice! [smiley=banana.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]

It absolutely sickens me that [highlight]so little is said about the darn woman that pulled in front of him[/highlight].  I cringe every time I pass a car waiting to turn left in front of me.  And they are the least of your problem, its the ones that turn with no warning.  In this case two and three at a time....

Amen to all that.  It does seem like a vast majority of the new reporting is all about the helmet thing, not the "failure to yield right of way" traffic violation.

I'm all for helmets, myself, but it slays me how this is all being painted as how stupid Roethlesberger(sp?) was for not wearing a helmet.  

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
  • It's called Sanity, but maybe it's me that's crazy
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 08:42:17 PM »

Sounded to me like he never had a chance from the witness description of the event that was in the car ahead of the lady that pulled the left.  Interesting thing was she said the light was yellow for her, must have been a left turn light?  Otherwise Ben was on a yellow/near red himself.  Anyone know the details of the intersection?

The intersection is about 5 miles away from me... I'll check it out next week and report back.

As far as the LP and the fact that he was breaking the law by not wearing a helmet, I'm sure some fat a$$ lawyer is gonna jump all over this one and sue for the lady at fault, that Ben wouldn't have had the facial injuries if he had been wearin a helmet, etc, etc... maybe they'll even take it to the next level and say that if he had been wearin a helmet Ben could have avoided the collision all together. Watch... I can see it comin.  They'll be lookin for Ben to pay... you know, celebrity status, 9.5 million in earnings last year alone, etc, etc.  They'll turn it around to make it all his fault and the press will follow suit... Bass Turds!!!

I agree, where's our lobby???  Power in numbers, right???

Later-
The "Rebel"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.