Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: PHOTOS TOO GRAPHIC FOR ABC, CBS, CNN, ETC.  (Read 4260 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
PHOTOS TOO GRAPHIC FOR ABC, CBS, CNN, ETC.
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »

Didn't see these on the 6:00 news:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: PHOTOS TOO GRAPHIC FOR ABC, CBS, CNN, ETC.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »

or this:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »

or this:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 02:38:40 PM »

Did we see them on Fox or should they be included in the list as well
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »

Not making excuses for anyone here, but it's my understanding that the folks in those pictures would be in serious jeopardy from the insurgents should these be widely distributed. Come to think of it, now they are. Don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that the insurgents have killed a lot of the people who were shown on the news with purple fingers after the elections. I personally have no doubt that a lot of Iraquis are grateful for the demise of Sadaam Hussien. But if the vast majority are, why are they not taking up arms and killing the insurgents. They all know who the insurgents are. Why do they protect them ?Why do they not kill them ? Why do they not at least tell the Americans where they hide ? Fear ? yes I am sure a lot of it is fear, but how much of it is the belief that they are a Muslim country and they want to be a Muslim country and they want a Theocracy and do not want a democracy because democracy means they have to share power with those they do not agree with. This is civil war at it's worst. They have to solve it themselves just as we did 140 something years ago. How many died at Gettysburg ? Bull Run ? I took a ride a few months ago and met some of you. I also met this nation's past as I rode through places who's names are burned into my physche. No one solved our problems, we solved them ourselves and the toll was horrific. We should all remember that and let the Iraqui's solve their own problems. Those that will die will die and those that wil survive will rule and that is the way of mankind. Might is right whether we delude ourselves with thinking elsewise or not. Sorry to get off track a bit, but too many Americans are dying for something we cannot hope to achieve. Democracy in a place which doesn't want it. I am not lying when I say I shed a tear every time I see or hear of another brave American who gave all in support of what their country asked of them. They are our greatest heros, but it is time for them to come home and let Iraq be whatever Iraq wants to be irregardless of how many Iraquis die in search of it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 08:03:58 PM by SPIDERMAN »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 07:55:17 PM »

[highlight]"but it is time for them to come home and let Iraq be whatever Iraq wants to be irregardless of how many Iraqui's die in search of it"[/highlight]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Agree with Brian, we never got any of the oil that was to help pay for this excursion so we should go ahead and invoice Iran and Syria maybe?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »

Big B, very well said and I'm in complete agreement. My guess we are possibly polar opposites politically as I'm a ultra conservative somewhere right of Attila the Hun but on this issue we are definitely on the same side of the fence. I appreciate your post and again, well said [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Mark Z

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 09:50:25 PM »

Mark, I am actually more to the right than most people suspect. Reagan Republican, big Nixon guy when I was young. My problem with this war is we lack the will to use our superior firepower and technology to end it decisively. If the line from the movie is true then Patton said it right. " no son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. The way to win a war is to make the other son of a bitch die for HIS country "  My company builds the most technologically advance warship in the history of mankind. It carries 64 Tomahawk missles with multiple warhead capability. There are 50 of them afloat around the world. If we had the political will to do what should be done, this war would end with surgical precision- - - - - albeit a few hundred thousand examples of collateral damage. I cry because the poor bastards on the ground with rifles in their hands are dying because their leaders are chicken chits. We said we'd never do this again after Nam.

B B

Bagger

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »

Mark, I am actually more to the right than most people suspect. Reagan Republican, big Nixon guy when I was young. My problem with this war is we lack the will to use our superior firepower and technology to end it decisively. If the line from the movie is true then Patton said it right. " no son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. The way to win a war is to make the other son of a bitch die for HIS country "

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 12:26:44 AM »

We also said we'd never do it again at the onset of the Korean conflict-----No more Task Force Smiths......meaning we're not gonna execute without a plan, which includes an exit strategy.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »

I told myself to steer clear of this thread...but....
"no more TF Smiths" was and is about NEVER sending poorly trained ; poorly equipped ; and poorly led conscripts into the fray against a far superior enemy and letting them get their asses handed to them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:38:54 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »

Scot,

« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:40:27 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »

Scot,

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 07:40:27 AM »

Scot,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »

and immediately eject the "imbedded" media so they can do what they need to do without thousands of Monday morning quarterbacks....
You hit the nail on the head right there. That is the majority of the problem there are to many in important people (other then those there fighting) making decisions on what would be "politically" correct to do over there because the media is watching. War is not politically correct in any sense of the word, it's brutal, it's nasty, and people get hurt and die. Let the troops do what they have been trained to do (which is protect and kill if necessary) with the best equipment that we can offer them, and bring them back home. Yes there is going to be collateral damage, but that happens in war.

The MoFo terrorist didn't have any concerns on 9/11 when they attacked us and there was not a war going on in this country. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I'd like to get all our troops out of there then push the button that would send the bombs/missiles and anything else over there that would end the whole thing.
[smiley=soapbox.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:18:33 AM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.