Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just purhased a 2007 FLHTCUSE2 and have handlebar questions  (Read 2939 times)

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Just purhased a 2007 FLHTCUSE2 and have handlebar questions
« on: April 27, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »

I did a bit of searching and found all sorts of info but not quite what I was looking for. I was looking at the Paughco bars. When I do a little research, I find that the bars dont fit the CVO and I was wondering 3 things.

1. What is it about the CVO that requires different bars, or maybe it is the prewired kit and harnesses are different? I looked on a lot of sites and get the same results http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paughco-Bagger-Werx-1-1-4-in-Handlebar-Kit-183310-/311298274593?hash=item487ad2b521:g:5LwAAOSwB-1Yoqof&vxp=mtr one actually said not compatible with CVO

2. Are the Paughco bars good quality?

3. What should I look for in terms of parts if I decide to go with Yaffe 12" bars? Would it hurt to put cables on that would allow me to go to 14" later if I decide to go bigger in the future or do I need to stick with cables for the 12" and suck it up later if I go bigger and just replace everything again?

I appreciate any replies and guidance. I have never installed bars though I am fairly capable of working on bikes/cars so I am sure I can do it with lots of patience.

What i want is a set of bars equal to about Yaffe 12" bars. I like the Yaffe bars but not sure I want to try to wire those up. Looking at around $1200 labor around here to do it for me.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Just purhased a 2007 FLHTCUSE2 and have handlebar questions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »

I did a bit of searching and found all sorts of info but not quite what I was looking for. I was looking at the Paughco bars. When I do a little research, I find that the bars dont fit the CVO and I was wondering 3 things.

1. What is it about the CVO that requires different bars, or maybe it is the prewired kit and harnesses are different? I looked on a lot of sites and get the same results http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paughco-Bagger-Werx-1-1-4-in-Handlebar-Kit-183310-/311298274593?hash=item487ad2b521:g:5LwAAOSwB-1Yoqof&vxp=mtr one actually said not compatible with CVO

CVO's have internally wired bars and the ultra has heated grips. not sure if the bars you are questioning are drilled for this.

2. Are the Paughco bars good quality?
Fair

3. What should I look for in terms of parts if I decide to go with Yaffe 12" bars? Would it hurt to put cables on that would allow me to go to 14" later if I decide to go bigger in the future or do I need to stick with cables for the 12" and suck it up later if I go bigger and just replace everything again?
The 07 did not have a one piece top clamp so be sure to update to the 55918-08 clamp from HD. Longer cables may bind.

I appreciate any replies and guidance. I have never installed bars though I am fairly capable of working on bikes/cars so I am sure I can do it with lots of patience.

What i want is a set of bars equal to about Yaffe 12" bars. I like the Yaffe bars but not sure I want to try to wire those up. Looking at around $1200 labor around here to do it for me.

Welcome to the site!

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »

If you are mechanically inclined at all, have patience, and plenty of time, you can do the wiring yourself.
There are excellent videos online for performing the needed wiring extensions and pulling the wires and handlebar removal.
A site that has prewired bars and has excellent videos on doing the work yourself is hillcountrycustomcycles.com out of Spicewood, Texas.

Oh, and, Welcome to the BEST CVO site on the web.
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »

Thanks for the info. I think I figured it out. The Paughco doesn't include wiring for heated grips and doesn't have hydraulic clutch. I will look at Hill Country. I dont mind doing the wiring, but I ride year round and not sure I want to be down a weekend or two in order to do this is all. I guess I could suffer through until rainy season when i wont be out on it for fun at least.

Thanks again, lookin forward to reading through as much of the stuff here as I can. I wasnt actually looking for a CVO, just happened to run across one with 20,130 miles and in absolute mint condition with a few good options (stage 1 full exhaust, race tuner, and air cleaner) for $10k. Figured I would buy it and flip it but decided I love the bike way too much. I am hooked.

Bobgratton1969

• Vive l'acadie!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 09:59:56 PM »

Hi, did you finally succeed? I am finally decided to put ape hangers on my 2007 Flhtcuse2. I am looking for prewired 13" ape hangers. Can you help me?
Stéphane

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.