Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: EBAY, harley vs. non-harley parts  (Read 3556 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: EBAY, harley vs. non-harley parts
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »

Without me comparing the two products maybe my tips are all for naught. I went the cheaper route. I'm sure the install will be a piece of cake for you.   :2vrolijk_21:  I'll be looking for your review.

Don, the aluminum piece you ask about goes between the light bucket holes in the fairing for reinforcement of the fairing, there is a piece front and back that sandwiches the fairing. The led weighs a bit more than the stock assembly. If I'm speaking about the same piece.  :nixweiss:

I may take a nite ride  :bananarock:

TN

I found an exploded view at an eBay seller's website this evening TN and saw what you're describing.  My guess was that the reinforcement was just because the LED dual light module must be quite a bit heavier than the old H4 module.  Good to have that verified though. Thanks. 

I'd intended to order one of these a few months back.  Halfway thought I'd actually done it too.  But either I can't find it or I never got around to doing it.  So doing it (maybe again  :huepfenlol2: ) right now. 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 11:13:14 PM »

These are the ones I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232196263553?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Different seller but that's the same piece I got on the way a couple days ago.  Had about five year old versions of the best of the Silverstar halogens inside the European version of the reflector. It actually worked very well.  The bulbs were due for replacement though so going this way.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »

After a few years I'm guessing the adaptive technology will be knocked off too. JW speaker has the market right now and for a mere $999 these can be had, http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/adaptive-led-headlights-model-8692-adaptive/?utm_source=homepage&utm_campaign=Model%208692%20Adaptive%20RoadGlide%20Headlight&utm_medium=image&utm_content=slider3

I hear all the time because of the fixed fairing lighting is compromised in curves.  :drink: I'd like to try them.

These are readily available on ebay too, I however see no knockoffs of them.

Ride em Safe

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 10:02:35 AM »

After a few years I'm guessing the adaptive technology will be knocked off too. JW speaker has the market right now and for a mere $999 these can be had, http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/adaptive-led-headlights-model-8692-adaptive/?utm_source=homepage&utm_campaign=Model%208692%20Adaptive%20RoadGlide%20Headlight&utm_medium=image&utm_content=slider3

I hear all the time because of the fixed fairing lighting is compromised in curves.  :drink: I'd like to try them.

These are readily available on ebay too, I however see no knockoffs of them.

Ride em Safe

TN

Saw those.  Too pricey for my interests.  In two years it'll be $200 from a four different sellers each with their own variation on a patent.  I'll buy then.  :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »

I'm an idiot!  I actually had ordered one of these LED headlights a few months ago.  Then (I guess) over the winter it kind of got buried...  :oops:

Put it in late this afternoon and just got back from a test run.  This thing kicks ass.  Way better than even the really good Silverstar halogens in the European version of the reflector.  It's bright and wide.  Lights up the road well and to the side.  High beam is almost unnecessary.  Left the high beam on by accident for a couple miles and the few oncoming cars didn't blink at me either. 

Now I'm glad I didn't get around to ordering another one yesterday...  :huepfenlol2:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »

I just posted a new thread under the electrical about my LED headlight install with pictures if anyone is interested.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.